Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Anyone have a Goldberg Sukhoi SU26MX Kit??

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Anyone have a Goldberg Sukhoi SU26MX Kit??

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 04:57 PM
fallingleaf
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone have a Goldberg Sukhoi SU26MX Kit??

Hi all, as the title of the thread suggests - does anyone have one of these they want to sell to me? I promise I will do a build thread!

I am desperate to make this my next build but know its a long shot as the kit is discontinued.

Pretty please
Old 02-09-2009, 07:40 PM
outdoorhunting

Default RE: Anyone have a Goldberg Sukhoi SU26MX Kit??

There was one on Ebay 3 or4 weeks ago. Keep watching Everything comes to the Bay sooner or later. Good Luck
Old 02-09-2009, 08:19 PM
fallingleaf

Incidentally I think I have found one. The seller tells me that the LG is mounted on the wing on this particular model wheich leads me to believe its not one of the later kits where the LG is mounted on the fuse. Does anyone know if there is any significant differences between these two editions of kits?

I am sure I could mod it if mount on the fuse. They are so rare I don't think I will pass the opportunity up!
Old 02-10-2009, 10:47 AM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

If you go onto page two here in kit building you will find a build thread of this plane by Bipeguy. Worth reading. You can hit James with a PM and ask questions, he may know something about the different Suks CG offered. I have built several of there Extras but when I tried to get the Suk it was long gone. I looked for it on ebay but some of the prices I saw put me off. I built myself one from plans out of MAN but it was the 29 model with an 80 inch wing. That was an outstanding plane by the way!!!
Old 02-10-2009, 02:23 PM
fallingleaf

Thanks Grey Beard, yes i have read that thread a couple of times now and it is really great. There is alot of discussion in there about the differences between the kits etc and the main ones seem to be that there is a different LG setup and wing design between the two geenrations of kit. Mainly LG mounted on the fuse and a differnet wing design that reduces the likelihood of tip stalling?

I tend to always land with a bit of speed out of habit so hopefully the tip stall issue ain't too much of a problem.

Has anyone built a sukhoi of the Erik Middledorp Plans (see link below)? If so how do they fly?

http://www.geocities.com/rcsu26mx/
Old 05-05-2009, 05:49 PM
Jim Clausen

Fallingleaf,

Where do you stand on getting a Goldberg Sukhoi? I recently crashed my last build and have decided to scratch build another. This time I am making templates of all of the parts required. I am building the latest version with the landing gear on the fuselage. I ordered all of the weird balsa sized material today. I have plans and assembly brochure. The last plane I built was also from scratch and it flew great until I had brain failure and forgot about checking voltage before and after each flight. That will not happen again.
Jim Clausen ([email protected])
Savannah, Georgia
AMA 55111
Old 05-05-2009, 07:54 PM
Gray Beard

This is the one I built from MAN plans #FSP07961, it's the Suk 29 with an 80 inch span, calls for a four stroke 1.20 but I made a few mods and used a Brison 2.4 40cc gasser. This was about a perfect flying machine until I forgot to pull out my TX antenna one day. That was a once and only thing and has never happened again!!! Very easy build if you know how to sheet. Very light too if you build it stock. I plan on building another one, I enjoyed the build so much and was that thrilled with the plane.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us54870.jpg
Views:	581
Size:	74.1 KB
ID:	1192954   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kf13413.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	59.7 KB
ID:	1192955  
Old 05-06-2009, 01:24 AM
fallingleaf

hey Jim!

I have made no progress on that one. I scrapped the idea previously due to crazy shipping costs, and bought a local yak54 70". But "due to the global economic crisis" I had to sell that on for car repairs etc. I still have new saito 180 looking for a home or to be sold.

Mark
Old 05-07-2009, 08:53 AM
Jim Clausen

Mark,
If you are interested in scratch building a Goldberg SU26-MX I might be able to trace all of the parts onto a piece of thick paper and send them to you after I complete making all of the templates. Your call if you want them. I have the plans for both versions buy only one set of each because I have sent some to other RC guys.
Jim Clausen
([email protected])
Old 05-07-2009, 04:21 PM
fallingleaf

Jim if you are hapy to do that then I would be MOST appreciative, the MKII version with the LG on the fuse is the one id like to build. I am happy to send you a few $$ for any postage and costs invovled in copying the plans too

That would be just awesome, in which case I may just hang onto the saito 180 for a rainy day project like this!
Old 05-08-2009, 08:53 AM
Jim Clausen

Mark,
It will some time before I complete all of the templates but when I do I will send them to you. I can also create an instruction manual for version 1 which is the one with the landing gear on the wing. I will scan this and put in on CD. It will get you in the right direction to build it. The biggest issue will be a canopy. I plan to make a mold and have someone vacuum form some. The cowling can be purchased from Fiberglass Specialties. They are in Arkansas here in the united states. Send me an email at [email protected] and I will keep you informed via email as to my progress and maybe some digital photos of the project. I power mine with a Moki 180.
Jim Clausen
Old 05-08-2009, 10:34 AM
Gray Beard

Jim, did you call and ask FGS if they had the canopy too?? I found that they make a lot of kit canopy's too. I even picked up a canopy that was first sold through ACE for a scartch build.
Old 05-09-2009, 01:17 PM
Jim Clausen

Do you have more information on FSG ? I have never heard of them. Do they have a web site or a telephone number?
I would much rather buy a canopy rather than create a mold and vacuum form one.
Jim
Old 05-09-2009, 01:31 PM
Stuntpilot51

They carry the canopy, belly pan and cowl.

http://www.fiberglassspecialtiesinc.com/
Old 05-09-2009, 04:36 PM
Jim Clausen

Is that a clear canopy or fiberglass?
Jim
Old 05-09-2009, 07:11 PM
Gray Beard

Canopy's are clear. That's one of theres on my Suk.
Old 05-10-2009, 07:57 AM
Jim Clausen

Thanks a lot.
Jim Clausen
Old 05-14-2009, 04:56 PM
Jim Clausen

I just finished cutting out the fuselage for this scratch build on the Goldberg SU 26 MX. It will be version II with the landing gear on the fuselage. I have laid out all of the formers and will start cutting those out on Monday. I am chartered to build two fuselages and two sets of tail feathers because a guy in our flying club had a full kit of version I. He gave me the kit with the stipulation that I would build a fuselage and tail feathers for him for the price of the kit. I am cutting out everything in duplicate at the same time where I can. I do this by double back taping the material together before jig sawing it out.
Jim
Old 05-14-2009, 08:02 PM
Gray Beard

Jim, I used to scratch them two at a time myself some years ago, it was a good idea, I made all my mistakes on the one I would give to my nephew, funny, mine were all mistake free??
Old 05-15-2009, 06:06 PM
Jim Clausen

Sounds like you know what you are doing if there were no boo boos.
\Jim
Old 02-26-2011, 08:08 PM
tmaucher

ORIGINAL: fallingleaf

Hi all, as the title of the thread suggests - does anyone have one of these they want to sell to me? I promise I will do a build thread!

I am desperate to make this my next build but know its a long shot as the kit is discontinued.

Pretty please
I was in my hobby shop and they have the entire kit new in the box. Wichita Kansas The Hanger ask for George.
Old 03-06-2011, 02:31 PM
emilsanto
My Feedback: (39)

I got lucky and bought one at a swap shop today. the new version with the fiberglass parts and landing gear on the fuse.it had 2 landing gear sets. a fiberglass and aluiminum set. i gave the guy 160 for it. i would like to cut another kit from the original,

Maybe graybeard or jim could tell me about how much in cost the wood i need to copy it runs.

i wish you good luck finding a kit fallingleaf
Old 03-06-2011, 02:56 PM
Gray Beard

ORIGINAL: emilsanto

I got lucky and bought one at a swap shop today. the new version with the fiberglass parts and landing gear on the fuse.it had 2 landing gear sets. a fiberglass and aluiminum set. i gave the guy 160 for it. i would like to cut another kit from the original,

Maybe graybeard or jim could tell me about how much in cost the wood i need to copy it runs.

i wish you good luck finding a kit fallingleaf
Funny this came up now. I just tried to order wood from Lone Star Balsa so I could build another one of the MAN plans Sukhois. My hope was they had my last order on file so I wouldn't have to do any of that thinking stuff. They lost all there records in there fire so that didn't work out for me.
If you go onto there web site they have the wood price sheet you can down load and know exactly. As I recall it costs me under $40.00 for the wood. I can root around and look for the bill. I may do that just to see if I still have it so I can avoid having to figure out the wood order again, I hate doing all that thnking.
Old 03-06-2011, 04:04 PM
emilsanto
My Feedback: (39)

If you find it gray let me know. i just cant see building this kit without coping it.
to hard to find the Goldberg SU26. and what it would cost to copy it would be a shame not to .
when i find a goldberg ultimate kit i will do the same.
Old 03-07-2011, 12:48 PM
Jim Clausen

Gray Beard,
There were two kits unopened at the Perry Georgia swap meet. Those kits are still around. I have two stowed for later use. Both are version I and I have altered two others for gear in the fuselage.
Jim Clausen

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.