Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

SunFli 4-20

Old 11-27-2017, 02:35 PM
gphil

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Smile SunFli 4-20

Excuse the red, hope to find later. I am building the above-mentioned plane which has sparse plans. I am going to put an electric motor in along with batt and ESC. Could someone give me a hint on what size motor, ESC, and batt would be needed? New at the electric side of things. Also where to install the aileron servos. Inside the fuselage or one each on the wing? Have not put enough kits together and this one is from the 70's I am thinking. Ok that is it and I will be looking for some help here and thanks. gphil
Old 11-27-2017, 06:01 PM
mgnostic

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

You can switch colors using the fifth tab above. Dang, switching colors got tedious. Anyway the color tab is the "A" with an underline and a small down arrow. It will open a tab to select text color. I'm not familiar enough with the 4-20 to have much information although there are other threads about the plane.
Old 11-30-2017, 05:19 PM
maukaonyx

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I had one of these planes i built from a kit way back in the early 80’s. I recall i had an OS 25 two stroke on it. Maybe that will help you on electric motor choice. I also recall i had just one servo for the ailerons, mounted in the top center of the wing. The main thing I remember is it was a great flying little plane that taught me lots in those early days of my RC flying.
Have fun with it!
Old 12-03-2017, 01:29 PM
gyrocptr

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Info at this link may be helpful.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...fli-4-20-plans