Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Dynaflite fun scale mustang 40 plans

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Dynaflite fun scale mustang 40 plans

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2018, 08:31 PM
Big Stikflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dale
The GP Mustang has a 57in wing span also but the canopy is 13in long. That's the one I was saying is to big for the fun scale mustang.
Old 01-14-2018, 08:46 PM
DGrant
My Feedback: (4)

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Jay, The World Models Mustang canopy is 11.75" long x 3.5" wide x 3.375" tall...(measured at largest points). So yeah it seems a bit large for the Fun Scale Mustang .40 too. There's a chance it would fit the .60 but not sure.. I'd have to dig that one out.. and we're just interested in the .40 here for your thread I think.
Old 01-14-2018, 09:10 PM
Big Stikflyer

Dale, correct I'm looking for a canopy for the 40 size only, that's all I have with dynaflite. I'll get the plans printed soon then I can measure the drawing to see what I come up with and we'll go from there.
​​​​​​​I really do appreciate all that everyone is doing to help.
Old 09-21-2018, 05:59 PM
bodybuildr
My Feedback: (44)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DGrant
Try these. These are more template patterns then anything. They're also the Gemco version, which didn't differ much if any from the Marks Models version. What I don't know though is how it might differ from the Dynaflite version. Something tells me it might be different, but I'm not sure. I built 2 of the Marks Models .40 size Stangs',... but that was quite a while ago...

Here ya go:

https://aerofred.com/details.php?ima...82&mode=search

I do have the plans here on file here for the Dynaflite .60 size FunScale Mustang if that might help.. just an FYI there. Good luck with it.
Thats the 40 size.
Old 09-22-2018, 04:35 AM
buzzard bait

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Parkflyer Plastics has an 8 inch and an 11 inch. https://parkflyerplastics.com/cart/i...index&cPath=46
Old 09-22-2018, 12:17 PM
DGrant

Originally Posted by bodybuildr
Thats the 40 size.
Yes, that the .40 size.
Old 10-09-2018, 09:58 AM
.50cal

There is a set of plans for the .40 Funscale P-51 on The Outerzone.Hope this helps. The guy making the caopies was Dionysus but I cant reach him. I have the P-51 .40 Funscale kit and I plan to make a plug and try my hand at making canopies.
Old 10-09-2018, 11:34 AM
foodstick

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

It has been a lot of years.. But SIG used to sell different sized canopies that were refered to as a p51 canopy.. I don't think they had any frame panel lines formed in though. You can always use tape or something to make those.. You might try them.

Also I think the kit would be cool blown up to about 80-90 inches... You'd have to add ribs, and make a few changes. But it would make for a fun floaty monster Mustang.

Last edited by foodstick; 10-09-2018 at 08:31 PM.
Old 10-09-2018, 03:59 PM
.50cal

Now that is a GREAT idea!
Old 12-15-2018, 09:56 AM
mjbelton

Hello, Jay
I just came across this thread. I happen to have a set of the Dynaflite Funscale 51 plans if you still need them. They have been cut up into 3 sections; wing, fuselage, stabilizer, but still quite usable. I'm thinking of scanning this and submitting it to Outerzone. I only have an A4/legal size scanner, so it is a bit of a job to stitch together using Gimp, but a good way to spend a winter's day. I would like a copy of DGrant's 60 size if that file is available. Cheers from Canada, Mike
Old 12-15-2018, 12:03 PM
buzzard bait

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Appreciate the thought, but see posts 32 and 14. Jim
Old 12-15-2018, 01:22 PM
Big Stikflyer

Hi Mike,
I'm good on the plans now but thank you for the offer. Do you have a Kinko's in Canada? They can copy and print the plans for you. If you ask then I think they can save them as a pdf as well.
If you pm me your email address I can send you a pdf of the plans I got from Dale Grants.
Old 12-18-2018, 09:50 AM
mjbelton

Here's a copy of the Dynaflite Funscale 51 I resurrected from a cut-up plan. Different construction than the Jemco.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
DynafliteFunscale51.pdf (656.4 KB, 73 views)
Old 01-01-2019, 07:05 PM
bodybuildr
My Feedback: (44)

Originally Posted by Big Stikflyer
The Jemco version will not work because the plane was built on a crutch. That's way there's no plans except for the wing plan. The Dynaflite mustang is an all built up plane hence the need for plans. I could use the 60 size plans and figure out how much to shrink them to get what I need. If you have them saved as a PDF file I could use them. It would be greatly appreciated. If you PM me I could give you my email address.
​​​​​​​Thank you
The Dyaflite/Marks Models Funscale Mustang is the same as the old Jemco mustang. I believe Dynaflite also had another more scale Mustang. Seems to be some confusion here.
Old 01-01-2019, 10:00 PM
DGrant

Nope sorry. Jemco and MarksModels Fun Scale Mustangs were the same or very similar. With the crutch style fuselage, no tank hatch, and a few other things.

The switch in design came into play when Dynaflite took it over. The newer FunScales had tank hatches, and stick built tails... and quite a make over. I've had them all. I'm sure I still have all the plans buried in my rafters.
Old 01-02-2019, 07:55 AM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

The only problem I have with the Dynaflite plans is it doesn't show any of the framing aft of frame 5. That makes it hard to build up the rear of the plane since there's nothing to base the rear fuse taper on. The plans also don't show F4 or the cockpit deck so those would be best guess as well
Old 01-02-2019, 12:22 PM
DGrant

I agree it looks like there's components left out of the plans page as we see it on the above link. I'm not seeing an F-6 bulkhead on there, which that bulkhead looks like it's key in the forming of the rear fuselage. F-5 to F-6 to the 1/16x1/4" spacer. Also missing are the templates for F-1A, 2A, and 3A hatch components(new in the Dynaflite design), and yes, F-4 as well. There's several key templates not there. Could it be that these were kept off of there so it would be difficult to scratch build from the plans?.. probably a stretch, but all these plans were drawn many years ago. It makes me want to remember to actually trace templates from my FunScale .60 if I ever get around to building it. Those templates are a big key to scratch building, although there are some talented builders out there that would love the challenge of making there own... that's cool too.
Old 08-11-2020, 06:21 PM
viffer07

Default fun scale mustang

Originally Posted by Big Stikflyer
That would be great.
Thank you
saw your post about plans for the mustang. I have the complete kit but no full size drawings. If there is any hope for me to get a copy please let me know. [email protected]
​​​​​​​I've built several mustangs (about twenty years ago) and all are gone now except the kit.