Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Dynaflite fun scale mustang 40 plans

Old 01-06-2018, 06:49 PM
Big Stikflyer

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Dynaflite fun scale mustang 40 plans

Does anyone have a copy of the fun scale mustang 40 plans from dynaflite? I picked up a kit recently and unfortunately the plans are missing. Any help I could get in finding a copy would be greatly appreciated. I'd be willing to pay a reasonable price for them.
​​​​​​​Thank you
Old 01-07-2018, 07:20 AM
rgburrill

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Did you try AMA?
Old 01-07-2018, 04:32 PM
bhorton
My Feedback: (26)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I might have a copy of those plans. I'll try to find them and let you know.
Old 01-07-2018, 04:38 PM
Big Stikflyer

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by bhorton View Post
I might have a copy of those plans. I'll try to find them and let you know.
That would be great.
​​​​​​​Thank you
Old 01-07-2018, 06:09 PM
DGrant
My Feedback: (4)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Try these. These are more template patterns then anything. They're also the Gemco version, which didn't differ much if any from the Marks Models version. What I don't know though is how it might differ from the Dynaflite version. Something tells me it might be different, but I'm not sure. I built 2 of the Marks Models .40 size Stangs',... but that was quite a while ago...

Here ya go:

https://aerofred.com/details.php?ima...82&mode=search

I do have the plans here on file here for the Dynaflite .60 size FunScale Mustang if that might help.. just an FYI there. Good luck with it.
Old 01-07-2018, 07:06 PM
Big Stikflyer

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by DGrant View Post
Try these. These are more template patterns then anything. They're also the Gemco version, which didn't differ much if any from the Marks Models version. What I don't know though is how it might differ from the Dynaflite version. Something tells me it might be different, but I'm not sure. I built 2 of the Marks Models .40 size Stangs',... but that was quite a while ago...

Here ya go:

https://aerofred.com/details.php?ima...82&mode=search

I do have the plans here on file here for the Dynaflite .60 size FunScale Mustang if that might help.. just an FYI there. Good luck with it.

The Jemco version will not work because the plane was built on a crutch. That's way there's no plans except for the wing plan. The Dynaflite mustang is an all built up plane hence the need for plans. I could use the 60 size plans and figure out how much to shrink them to get what I need. If you have them saved as a PDF file I could use them. It would be greatly appreciated. If you PM me I could give you my email address.
​​​​​​​Thank you
Old 01-08-2018, 11:12 AM
DGrant

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

This PM system is jacked for me here... hit me with a PM here:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/member.php?u=29289

... and I'll send those plans on over no problem.
Old 01-09-2018, 09:04 PM
Big Stikflyer

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

DGRANT
​​​​​​​if you wanted to do what I'm doing. Print your plan out at 80.65% and you'll have it. Just a FYI
Old 01-10-2018, 10:11 AM
DGrant

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Great info Jay! Thanks. I'd like to see what you're working on if you happen to grab any pics.. if not then no biggie... I'm just curious is all.. ha... just send me an E if you can.. no hurries at all of course. You got my addy... or throw some up here if you like... it's your thread right..... haha.. It's all good.

PS... I'll make a note of that dimension. Does that in fact make the .60 size to proximity of the .40 size?

Last edited by DGrant; 01-10-2018 at 10:14 AM.
Old 01-10-2018, 11:43 AM
Big Stikflyer

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Here's a plane I finished up at the end of season last year. I found the plans for the BUSA Swizzle Stick 30 and I built one. I'm also working on a BUSA Phaeton II but I don't have any pics to add here. It's built and I'm putting the radio in and finishing touches on it. I'm also trying to get my Kadet MkII finished and ready to fly. Need to go break the engine in and have it ready this season.
Due to medical issues I haven't worked on anything for a month or so. I need to get back to the basement to get some work done, soon I hope.
​​​​​​​When I get going on the mustang I'll try to remember to post some pics here.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20161207_161816.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	1.62 MB
ID:	2250584   Click image for larger version

Name:	20161207_161752.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	1.65 MB
ID:	2250585  
Old 01-10-2018, 05:54 PM
bhorton
My Feedback: (26)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Sorry, I couldn't find those plans. I must have let them go with the plane when I sold it years ago.
Old 01-10-2018, 06:44 PM
Big Stikflyer

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by bhorton View Post
Sorry, I couldn't find those plans. I must have let them go with the plane when I sold it years ago.
That's Okey, thank you for checking
Old 01-10-2018, 06:56 PM
Big Stikflyer

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by DGrant View Post
Great info Jay! Thanks. I'd like to see what you're working on if you happen to grab any pics.. if not then no biggie... I'm just curious is all.. ha... just send me an E if you can.. no hurries at all of course. You got my addy... or throw some up here if you like... it's your thread right..... haha.. It's all good.

PS... I'll make a note of that dimension. Does that in fact make the .60 size to proximity of the .40 size?
Dale, sorry I missed your last question when I posted last time. Yes the 80.65% will give you a 50"WS mustang +/- about an 1/8 of an inch. It's close enough for me. When I get back to building I want to give the plans a try. Hopefully I'll get a nice plane out of this.
Old 01-12-2018, 07:49 AM
buzzard bait

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I think this will do the job... https://outerzone.co.uk/plan_details.asp?ID=5572

I flew one on an OS 40FP years ago and was surprised at how well it did on that engine; picked up a Jemco kit on ebay to build a new one but have not gotten to it yet. Canopy was distorted, but someone on one of these threads made a mold and was selling canopies, so I bought from him.

Jim
Old 01-12-2018, 11:59 AM
Big Stikflyer

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by buzzard bait View Post
I think this will do the job... https://outerzone.co.uk/plan_details.asp?ID=5572

I flew one on an OS 40FP years ago and was surprised at how well it did on that engine; picked up a Jemco kit on ebay to build a new one but have not gotten to it yet. Canopy was distorted, but someone on one of these threads made a mold and was selling canopies, so I bought from him.

Jim
​​​​​​​Do you remember who you bought the canopy from, I'm in need of a few.
Old 01-12-2018, 12:36 PM
DGrant

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I saw ParkFlierPlastics has P-51 style canopies... I'm also wondering if you could retro-fit a canopy from a Great Planes or Hangar 9 version... just a few thoughts for you. These are "Fun Scale".. ha... so a little deviation of size might be acceptable... Still all are great flying planes.

I built 2 of the .40 size early versions, and both also had the OS FP40.... and I also remember they were a very spirited airplane. I crashed the first one(destroyed is more like)... and went right out and bought the next one same day.. and that one lasted me years before I totalled it.... this was when you could walk into a hobby shop and buy one off the shelf for about $35.. Of course that was a long time ago, back in the 80's... but these have been among my favorites since that time... They taught me quite a bit too... as those types of planes were the ones I totalled.. and didn't break the bank... I haven't totalled one in quite a while either...and for some strange reason I have alot more money these days.

I would and have entertained a few more of these kits of either size for my stash, as it stands now I've only got the .60 size, and an OS91FX to put in it... at least that's the plan at this point.
Old 01-12-2018, 01:48 PM
buzzard bait

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Sorry Jay, I tried searching for it but couldn't come up with it in old messages, RCU search (worthless), or a Google search. I don't even remember whether it was from RCG or RCU. It was a pretty long thread, with lots of nice photos, and I thanked the guy on the thread, so if you can find it you might be able to contact him. It was a few years ago, though.

I think DGrant has the right idea...try to find something that will do. I've gotten a few things from Parkflyerplastics and was very happy, so if they can come close in size, I'd go for it. Wingspan is 51 inches, so figure out the size you need and see what you can find.

What made those planes so good was the light construction. They were really fun and easy to fly, not very scale, but not bad either, and once in the air they looked the part and sounded terrific with a two stroke engine winding up in a split S. I'm sorry they disappeared.

Jim
Old 01-12-2018, 01:59 PM
buzzard bait

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Actually, I got curious, did a quick calculation, and I think you're in luck. Check it yourself, but I came up with this plane needing about an 11 inch canopy, and pfp has three that it describes as fitting Al Rabe's CL Mustunt, at that size. No guarantees, but should come close enough...

https://parkflyerplastics.com/cart/i...ex&cPath=46_67
Old 01-12-2018, 02:42 PM
DGrant

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Thought just hit me here.. as I've been thinking about these planes(and about 100 others...)... The canopy on the Fun Scales have always looked a bit more "bulbous".. or bloated.. at least in my mind's eye... I'm wondering what a sleeker, lower profile canopy might look on one of these Fun Scale planes... hmm... You know... something that changes the "lines" ever so slight but is still within a P-51 style....I've always liked my Dago Red canopy(on my Dago sitting right here by me...)... ha.
Old 01-12-2018, 06:01 PM
Big Stikflyer

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hi guys, just got home from dinner so I thought I'd get caught up here. Had to take the wife out for our anniversary. Yes I'm well aware of parkflyerplastic. I've been ordering my Sig Komander canopies from him. He does a really nice job. I don't have anything to measure to see what size canopy I need. I have a GP Mustang canopy but I think it's to big and I didn't really want to order two or three from PFP and not be able to use them. I did find the post from the guy that made his own but it's been a couple years since he posted so I thought I'd try to find one on my own. Once I get my set of plans for the dynaflite fun scale mustang 40 printed I can see what size I need and go from there.
Thanks for all your help. When I start building the mustang, I'll try to get some photos posted here.
Old 01-13-2018, 01:53 PM
Sandnat

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Great to find a tribe of Mark's 40 size Mustang fans! I found a kit of it a year or so ago and just started a counterfeit version of it. Traced and cut all the parts and got a cabinet shop buddy to duplicate that kinda oddball gear bock out of a piece of ash. Going to hand off the original kit off to my son and he is going to build an electric version. It was my second build back in the 80's I loved that little airplane. 40 FP in it and I flew the snot out of it. Didn't fuel proof the nose well enough and it was nearly rotted off when I clocked a tree with it. Re built it, with a new nose, sheeted most of the wing, and added mechanical retracts. Then flew the crap out of it for several more years before I moved on. Still have it's carcass up in the attic. Couldn't bare throwing it away. Figured a survivor like that deserves better than a garbage can

Jay, I have the canopy on hand if you want me to take some measurements. I am going to need one also for the scratch built one I have cooking. I agree with Dgrant too, the canopy always looked a little bulbous to me and I would like to find something a bit more low profile..

I finished locking the skin down on the fuselage today but have yet to start the wing. Going to put an OS 46 FX in it. Should be a screamer Will post some pictures at some point. Great to meet yall! Steve

Last edited by Sandnat; 01-13-2018 at 01:58 PM.
Old 01-13-2018, 02:17 PM
Big Stikflyer

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by Sandnat View Post

Jay, I have the canopy on hand if you want me to take some measurements. I am going to need one also for the scratch built one I have cooking. I agree with Dgrant too, the canopy always looked a little bulbous to me and I would like to find something a bit more low profile.. Steve
Steve, that would be great if you don't mind. I've looked at the GP Mustang canopy but it looks to be to big. If it's anywhere around 11 to 12 inches then parkflyerplastic already makes one. They really do nice work and shipping is very reasonable and fast. I look forward to seeing your build pics. I built a Jemco fun scale mustang 40 somewhere around 83 and I also put a FP40 on it. Plane flew great until I was showing off one day. Did a low fly-by inverted and pulled the stick back instead of push forward and I scattered the plane and engine all over the runway. It was a sad day. I had to send the radio system back to Futaba for repair as well. Looking forward to having another one in my hanger.
Old 01-13-2018, 03:35 PM
Sandnat

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Yup, one mistake with a half of a mistake worth of altitude will do it every time.

Opps..splat. Done deal The mistakes of the sport keeps us in business on the hobby side of this endeavor.

Ignoring the trimmed away areas, the canopy is a little over 9 " long, 3" tall, and about 2 1/2" wide best I can tell.

I would be willing to bet the 8" Mustang canopy would fit perfect and not be quite as tall as the original . Get away from that bulbous look.
Old 01-13-2018, 04:37 PM
Big Stikflyer

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Thank you Steve, appreciate the info, now I just have to see who has what.
Old 01-13-2018, 07:29 PM
DGrant

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I have a canopy from a World Models Mustang (not the Dago version) I can measure also. Those were supposedly .40 size airplanes(I think they have about a 57" span) although we always put .61's or .91's in them... I'm thinking it might be a tad large for the Fun Scale Mustang .40... but I'll measure it and report back... just as an FYI. Those are still available I'm sure.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service