Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Sig kadet senior, fowler flaps , junker style ailerons

Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Sig kadet senior, fowler flaps , junker style ailerons

Old 02-10-2018, 02:15 PM
Mwt5086

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sig kadet senior, fowler flaps , junker style ailerons

Hey guys , after successfully kit bashing a kadet lt 40 (got 30 or so flights on her)http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/kit-...laps-idea.html
I'm taking the next logical step and building a senior ! Now , while I know that built by the book and built very light the kadet senior will nearly fly backward in a head wind , I just cannot help myself . So I am adding barndoor fowler flaps inboard and possibly considering doing junker style Ailerons out board . Power plant will be a 9 cc ngh gas motor and I am thinking this plane might be my first foray into fpv . My hope is that the addition of large flaps and junker style Ailerons will give me enough lift to still have somewhat of a stol capability even with a payload . Having searched up and down I cannot find any instance of anyone adding junker style flaps to a senior wing . My current plan is to use robart pin hinges set 2 bays apart to attach the Ailerons . Does any one have any better ideas or ways to do this . Also anyone with any ideas on where would be the most efficient (aerodynamically) location for them ?
the Ailerons themselves will be the original strip Ailerons from the lt 40 kit.

Now I know alot of you will probably tell me to leave it be and build the wing as the plans say to but after some flights on my lt 40 and flying it with another club member who has a stock lt40 I must say I truly think the flaps and Ailerons while adding weight do make a huge difference in the planes handling at low speeds .
Old 02-11-2018, 10:12 AM
foodstick

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Many years ago I believe someone in my rc club built a senior with flaps, and a slatted leading edge.. it was very slow flying when you wanted...
Old 02-16-2018, 03:48 PM
Wagon1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Please keep us posted (Pictures!!) . I've built a Senior completely stock and loved it. I have a Senorita kit and 40 4 stroke on the kit pile and planned flaps and ailerons for giggles.
Old 02-18-2018, 04:26 PM
jollyroger
My Feedback: (6)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've got a Senior kit stashed away and when it's turn comes it will get at least ailerons. Really don't know about flaps. Does it really need it? Not really. I built a Senorita with barn door ailerons and it flies very well that way and I have no problem with landings. It's on floats now.
Old 02-19-2018, 04:46 AM
TomCrump

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by jollyroger
I've got a Senior kit stashed away and when it's turn comes it will get at least ailerons. Really don't know about flaps. Does it really need it? Not really. I built a Senorita with barn door ailerons and it flies very well that way and I have no problem with landings. It's on floats now.

The Kadet Senior does not benefit from flaps. It can land with a five foot roll out, without them.