Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

what plane/what kit/ where to buy it

Old 11-21-2018, 12:08 PM
the Wasp
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default what plane/what kit/ where to buy it

guys, help me find a plane to build,,
I am looking for a sport plane that has a sport look to it, even a old racing plane, or something like a Super Sportster, it could even have an open cockpit, I love those old low wing planes with open cockpits,,

the span must be between 58 and 64 inches, it can have a low wing or a mid wing, I like them both, rounded wing and rudder tips would be nice,

I am actually looking for 2 planes like this, I would like one in a 58" to 60" span for my .61 engine and a bit larger one like 62" or 64" span for my K&B 100, (BTW, the K&B 100 engine less muffler weighs less than an OS 61 less muffler)

I have been looking, but let me know what is out there

thanks guys !!!!!
Jim
Old 11-21-2018, 01:17 PM
Hemikiller
My Feedback: (125)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Sig Astro Hog

https://sigmfg.com/products/sig-astro-hog-kit
Old 11-21-2018, 03:08 PM
R8893
My Feedback: (20)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I just finished painting my second Troublemaker from Eureka Models. First one fell victim to a defective elevator servo. https://www.eurekaaircraft.com/all_kits.htm Looks like there may be a couple planes that meet your specs.
Old 11-24-2018, 04:43 AM
Appowner

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Sig has several possibilities. The Four Star series, Kobra series, Mid Star and even the Somethin' Extra. All good choices with their own benefits.

I did a Mid-Star many moons ago where I made the wing into a Gull shape. Barn door ailerons and big flaps and a 'T' tail. The plane flew great. Those big flaps helped it slow to a walk for landing. Unfortunately a radio failure ended its career. Maybe another one someday.
Old 11-24-2018, 07:22 PM
the Wasp
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

thanks guys but all those planes are ether too large or too small, I like the Astro Hog but it's too large and the planes in the link are also to large, I have a Four Star 60, and, I like the Mid Star but it's too small for a 61,
the Somethin' Extra and Kobra are not what I am looking for, I saw a Space Walker bashed up to look something like the Ryan STA and I liked it but I can't find a kit in the size I want

thanks anyways guys

Jim