Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Antic CG

Old 02-08-2019, 05:37 AM
gbman
My Feedback: (4)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Antic CG

I am refurbishing an 80" Proctor Antic monoplane. Built it 21 years ago, flew it for 4 years, then hung it in the shop. I do not have the plans and need to know the CG before I fly it again. Any help will be appreciated.
Old 02-08-2019, 07:57 AM
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Very simple with a constant cord wing. Measure 25% to 30% back from the leading edge. The airplane will fly safely with anything within that range.
Old 02-08-2019, 09:10 AM
Appowner

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Give Joe a call or e-mail at Proctor. Keep in mind, he's a 1 man shop and so he can't jump every time the phone rings and he tends to answer e-mails later in the day.
He'll sell you a set of plans and a construction manual for a reasonable price. Then you'll have them on hand. Also any individual parts you may need, ribs etc you can get individually. Ask him for a catalog too. Helps with all the little bits.

(503) 668-8612
sales@proctor-enterprises.com
Old 02-08-2019, 12:48 PM
gbman
My Feedback: (4)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Thanks for the input. A gentleman on rcscalebuilder dug out his plans and informed me the CG is 3 and 3/16th from the leading edge on the Antic. Your figure would be right in the ballpark, I appreciate you helping me out. I have the original construction pamphlet that came with the kit, but cannot locate the plans. I talked to Joe a week ago to order new decals for the fuselage. A friend in my local club was given a 60" Antic biplane recently and we decided it would be great fun to fly our antics together. That's the reason I am refurbishing my 21 year old Antic. All the best!
Old 02-09-2019, 04:06 AM
Appowner

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I have a Mini Antic I built in 1980. It flies on a regular basis even today. I've recovered it a couple of times and re-engined it too. But it remains one of my favorites.