Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Need help.. Old Timers... What are these planes??

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Need help.. Old Timers... What are these planes??

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2019, 04:53 PM
markus1971
My Feedback: (28)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help.. Old Timers... What are these planes??

I think this is a Senior Telemaster that someone added to the tail. The Horizontal Stab is flat bottomed airfoil shaped. Has a wingspan of 69" and length of approx. 61"

i think someone added the uprights on the tail

This one has a wingspan of 76" and length of approx. 55" I have no idea what this one could be. I don't recognize the short shaped canopy.

looks like a cap or a extra cowling

in 20+ years of being in the hobby.. I've never seen a wing that attaches this way. It's a 1 piece wing joined by the spars and sits down in the notches that you see in the fuselage.

wing needs covering repair

name on the tail says "Tim Nealey"

bottom of wing

I didn't get a wing with this one but it's in new condition and never finished. Looks like a fun bird. I'd love to finish it. It's 49 1/2" long. Corners are all nicely rounded and wing chord is pretty big. I didn't measure it but i'm guessing it's around 14-16"

I need help from some of the hobby's old timers... Ya know... The experienced kit builders. I acquired a truckload of old airplanes from the 90's. They were the estate of someone who passed away and I got all of his stuff. They ALL appear to be old kit planes from the 90's. Does anyone recognize any of these? Please help. I can' be contacted directly here or at [email protected]. Here's the pics. The white one is a fuselage only. I didn't get a wing.

Last edited by markus1971; 05-12-2019 at 06:30 PM. Reason: duplicate photo
Old 05-12-2019, 06:10 PM
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)

Received 176 Likes on 151 Posts

That would be a Hobby Lobby Telemaster modified to using twin vertical stabs. Not to be confused with the Hobby Lobby craft store. Hobby Lobby used to be Hobby shop/mail order outfit just outside of Nashville.
Old 05-12-2019, 09:11 PM
Wizardofflight

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

The third one is Goldberg Extra 300 - Posted the plans and the Manual over on Outerzone if you need to rebuild

https://outerzone.co.uk/plan_details.asp?ID=10982
Old 05-13-2019, 06:49 AM
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)

Received 176 Likes on 151 Posts

Second airplane is a Laser 200. I don't recognize the kit.