Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

SIG Liberty Sport

Old 09-05-2019, 07:21 AM
acdii

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Especially when each successive plane gets bigger and bigger. This plane is actually the smallest plane I have built. The entire wing is no bigger than one panel for the B-25 I am building.
Old 09-05-2019, 06:29 PM
Hydro Junkie

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by acdii View Post
Especially when each successive plane gets bigger and bigger. This plane is actually the smallest plane I have built. The entire wing is no bigger than one panel for the B-25 I am building.
It's not just the size of the project you're building, it's the number of previous projects you have to work around. My garage is full of projects that I'm having to move just to find room for the next project. It also doesn't help to have the wife put some of her things out in the garage so she will have more room for her next project as well
Old 09-06-2019, 05:35 AM
acdii

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I have a Hanger trailer for the planes. Only those in need of repair or in process of being built are in the shop. I have two in there now that will free up quite a bit of space if I were to reassemble them and get them flight ready. I need new servos for both, and the power box in one went bad, only one battery bank powers on. I should just slap the S3010's into the P-47 and be done with it, then I can put it in the trailer and have the room I need for a spray booth.
Old 09-08-2019, 02:21 PM
acdii

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Made some progress today. Got the lower wing center section taped so nice and solid now, and have it bolted in place. Got the stab aligned and the epoxy is curing. Now need to trace out the wing fairing and import that into the computer so I can laser cut the plywood sheet and get the fairings done, and then attack the fuse shaping. Since the elevator has to be hinged before the fin gets glued in, I will just pin it temporarily to block shape where is joins the fuse at the very tail, and then I can move onto the top wing. I also need to study where the tail wire bracing attaches so that I can put the reinforcements in place. I also want to use different hinges for the ailerons and tail, looks like pin hinges will work for the tail, but the ailerons may need some modification to make hing pins work.

Pics to come, have to take some first .
Old 09-11-2019, 08:11 AM
acdii

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Here are the latest pics. The stab is epoxied in place, shimmed to be level and squared to the fuse, following the plans incidences, which I need to find my incidence meter to verify. I will do that, and then get the thin ply cut to shape for the wing fairings and get that done next.

Old 09-11-2019, 12:58 PM
FlyerInOKC
My Feedback: (6)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Getting close!