Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

How's it going fellas, long time no log in. Story time.

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

How's it going fellas, long time no log in. Story time.

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2023, 02:47 AM
cap 580 dan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How's it going fellas, long time no log in. Story time.

Well guys, I started this hobby, when I was about born, no joke. One of my first memories is of, my pops taking me to a big parking lot where he flew his .60 size kit spitfire he scratch built. Aviation was always a huge part of my life coming up, my dad and I would build and fly together all throughout my childhood. This hobby was extremely important to him because, in the late 60s his father was the same way he was to me, always flying something or scratch building something. As I got older I got out of planes and into helis big time. Was going to all kinda funflys and events throughout the years, and then life happened . I got older, put the radio down. And started making a life for myself and always missed the smell of nitro on a Saturday morning..
fast forward to present day,
It's been almost a year since I lost my best friend. My pops. He passed on Nov 28 from cancer, and after looking over some notpads he had. He was looking and always talking about building a kit again. So recently I felt as if he was guiding me down this path, I jumped on Facebook and found someone giving away small 3d funflys kits. I thought heh why not. So I got one!
Well after almost putting this thing together. I've been bitten by the bug again..
But after I lost my dad, I lost everything, myself, my vehicle, everything. I spiraled down in a depression I never thought was going to get better. I lost my best friend so it makes sense. I've been struggling. But most definitely trying my everything to get back on my feet.
Here's what I'm asking of my fellow hobbiest
The kit I'm building requires a couple things I don't have and I don't have the funds to sadly, fund. It calls for a .25 engine, I think I have enough servos, I don't have a TX or a rx, if anyone has any of these things they'd be willing to donate I'd be more then thankful for them. I'm trying to get this thing up in the air before the 28th of Nov. Like I said, it's been a real struggle for me this past year. But honestly the first glimpse of hope has been when I've been building this plane! I hope you all are well and your family's are well. Thank you. God bless.
Old 10-13-2023, 07:21 AM
daveopam
My Feedback: (9)

Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts

I think your best help is going to be at a local club. Most are willing to help and most have old equipment that aren't using. You should think about converting it to electric. You won't get the smell of glow fuel in the morning but most don't anyway. Most of us are gas or battery these days.

David