Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Pica 1/5 Scale Bucker Jungmeister

Any opions on this model such as engine, CG to use? Where can I get after market fiberglass cowl and wheel fenders for 1/5 scale? Fiberglass Specialties carries a 1/4 scale that is to large for the Pica kit.
    Thanks all, KRC

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Mine is about 80% framed up. I am going to use a .91 fs. brand undetermined. I have a magnum .91 in a goldberg ultamate and it flys scale aerobatics well. does not have the vertical like everybody likes now days, but it will climb good. I am trying to figure out how i am going to do flying wires as i have never made a plane with them. have not decided on the cowl yet, but if a cowl company has been in busness for any amount of time they should have a mold somewhere.

tom

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Bucker

Stans Fibertech makes a seamless fiberglass cowl with blisters also wheel fenders for the Pica Bucker 1/5 scale
    Part 906 Cowl $38
    Part 906A Fenders $19
    Shipping $ 7

www.stansfibertech.com
    Tel 909 352 4758

Pica also sells a cockpit kit

Go to www.rcwatch.com and then Airplanes,then Bucker Jungmeister, there is a lot of info there especially from Ted.
    Hope this helps you out as Ted did for me.
    KRC

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

flyng wires

In the last 2 or 3 months, Model Airplane News, had an article by Nick Ziroli about using the plastic lacing that is used in leather crafts (like Boy Scouts). I have Platt's Jungmeister which is slightly bigger than the Pica kit. I am planning on useing that method for the flying wires. I have the magazine at home. I will check and see what issue it was.

I have this model, bought third hand. I use a Thunder Tiger 91FS turning a Graupner 14x7, performance is excellent. I was told by the person I bought it from that the CG is at the rear mounting points of the top wing and that's where mine is with no ballast and it seems to be fine flying. Needs a lot of aileron and elevator in knife-edge. Mine still has the original ABS cowl, just cyano on some light weight glass cloth around the mounting holes.

Harry.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10513_3883.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	40.2 KB 
ID:	7152  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Hope there is someone here that can tell me the cg (balance point) for this kit. I picked up a really nice one from an estate and don't want to ruin it because of balance problems.
    Thanks.
    Mark
    Revver #48
    Self proclaimed RC addict member #2
    Goldberg Ultimate Bro #59
    Cub Brother #123