Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Pica 1/5 Scale Bucker Jungmeister

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Pica 1/5 Scale Bucker Jungmeister

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2002, 06:52 AM
KRC
My Feedback: (27)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pica 1/5 Scale Bucker Jungmeister

Any opions on this model such as engine, CG to use? Where can I get after market fiberglass cowl and wheel fenders for 1/5 scale? Fiberglass Specialties carries a 1/4 scale that is to large for the Pica kit.
Thanks all, KRC
Old 05-07-2002, 04:58 PM
tomgtv6
My Feedback: (1)

Mine is about 80% framed up. I am going to use a .91 fs. brand undetermined. I have a magnum .91 in a goldberg ultamate and it flys scale aerobatics well. does not have the vertical like everybody likes now days, but it will climb good. I am trying to figure out how i am going to do flying wires as i have never made a plane with them. have not decided on the cowl yet, but if a cowl company has been in busness for any amount of time they should have a mold somewhere.

tom
Old 05-07-2002, 05:38 PM
KRC
My Feedback: (27)

Default Bucker

Stans Fibertech makes a seamless fiberglass cowl with blisters also wheel fenders for the Pica Bucker 1/5 scale
Part 906 Cowl $38
Part 906A Fenders $19
Shipping $ 7

www.stansfibertech.com
Tel 909 352 4758

Pica also sells a cockpit kit

Go to www.rcwatch.com and then Airplanes,then Bucker Jungmeister, there is a lot of info there especially from Ted.
Hope this helps you out as Ted did for me.
KRC
Old 05-07-2002, 07:01 PM
jpflyer
My Feedback: (13)

Default flyng wires

In the last 2 or 3 months, Model Airplane News, had an article by Nick Ziroli about using the plastic lacing that is used in leather crafts (like Boy Scouts). I have Platt's Jungmeister which is slightly bigger than the Pica kit. I am planning on useing that method for the flying wires. I have the magazine at home. I will check and see what issue it was.
Old 05-07-2002, 10:23 PM
HarryC
My Feedback: (1)

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

I have this model, bought third hand. I use a Thunder Tiger 91FS turning a Graupner 14x7, performance is excellent. I was told by the person I bought it from that the CG is at the rear mounting points of the top wing and that's where mine is with no ballast and it seems to be fine flying. Needs a lot of aileron and elevator in knife-edge. Mine still has the original ABS cowl, just cyano on some light weight glass cloth around the mounting holes.

Harry.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	10513_3883.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	7152  
Old 06-24-2015, 05:59 PM
TripleDeucer
My Feedback: (129)

Hope there is someone here that can tell me the cg (balance point) for this kit. I picked up a really nice one from an estate and don't want to ruin it because of balance problems.
Thanks.
Old 10-02-2021, 05:46 AM
davidej

Sorry for re-opening this ancient thread but I have acquired an equally ancient but unopened kit as a winter project.

I had a Complete-a-Pac Jungmeister which those on this side of the Pond may be familiar with. It was much the same size and flew well before meeting an untimely end.

I cant help but notice that the Pica one has a much less substantial cabane structure and top wing fixing compared with the CAP one. I am wondering if I should modify it to cope with my sometimes untidy landings.

Any thoughts, comments or hints on this plane would be most welcome.