Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Kit cutters?

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Kit cutters?

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2003, 01:06 AM
48Prcnt 3D Ultimate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kit cutters?

Does anyone know of any kit cutters out there that will cut someone wood for a set of plans I have? I have tryed a couple people already but they pretty much said for me to F off [:@][sm=confused.gif] dunno why but whatever..... I have the plans and all......all they have to do is cut my fuse because its got foam wings already. any help would be greatful!!!!!!
Old 12-08-2003, 01:12 AM
CafeenMan

Default RE: Kit cutters?

Do a search. That question has been asked several times, so you can probably get an answer right now instead of waiting for someone to answer this thread.

For what it's worth, it would be a lot less expensive for you to buy a scroll saw than to pay a kit cutter (probably - I've never actually had a kit cut, but I would think it's pricey).
Old 12-08-2003, 08:51 AM
TLH101
My Feedback: (90)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Laser Lizard will cut from your plans;
http://www.laserlizard.com/
Old 12-08-2003, 10:05 AM
dr_wogz
My Feedback: (3)

Depends on teh plane. Most kit cutters do teh big name plans, like Zirolli, Palnmer, etc.. it's in their interest to make these kits,. because peiopel will come to them for kits. Some will also do a few of teh plan from RCM and MAN, again, because of repeat business.

If it's a one-off, or a really bizzare design, they may 'pass it over'

There's usually a set up fee associated with making parts. and if your drawing is a paper only, they have to redraw it (process it) to get the code for the cutter.

Scroll saw, or stick construction might be teh way to go..

(I'm surprised they told you to 'go take a hike'. usually they'll be freindly and helpful..)
Old 12-08-2003, 11:31 AM
michpittsman
My Feedback: (11)

Larry Katona at PCK in NJ has told me he will cut from somebody's plans; send him the plans and he will quote you a price. Try precisioncutkits.com
Old 12-08-2003, 08:00 PM
48Prcnt 3D Ultimate

Thanks for the info guys, I just sent some emails.......rays:
Old 12-09-2003, 03:17 PM
kdheath

Some other options to look at:

Joe Grasso has cut one custom kit for me and I have another on order-stunning quality and very reasonable.
<[email protected]>

The guy at Tank's Hobbies-<www.tanks-hangar.com> does reasonable laser cutting. A set of wing ribs for a 65" wingspan CL stunter seems to run about $25 once the drawings are done. The CAD work is the spendy part of laser cutting, but the results-WOW.

And try Walter Umland at <www.builtrightflyright.com>. Nice hand and laser work.

All these guys have very good reputations.

Kelvin
Old 12-09-2003, 07:03 PM
jeffy

ORIGINAL: 48Prcnt 3D Ultimate

Does anyone know of any kit cutters out there that will cut someone wood for a set of plans I have? I have tryed a couple people already but they pretty much said for me to F off [:@][sm=confused.gif] dunno why but whatever..... I have the plans and all......all they have to do is cut my fuse because its got foam wings already. any help would be greatful!!!!!!
I meet this fella Pat Fallacro from LASERCUT USA 772-879-9696 or 772-528-4727 here in port saint lucie fla. He is a super guy and does great work....
Old 12-11-2003, 04:47 PM
parabellum

Default RE: Kit <span class=

one day, laser cutting tools like versalaser would be common place like bubble jets/laser jets
of today, and you will be able to download plans and laser cut them at your home or local kinko's.

http://www.versalaser.com/english/index.html