Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Attaching turtle deck on a Sig Kouger?

Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Attaching turtle deck on a Sig Kouger?

Old 12-08-2003, 07:41 PM
Handyandy2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Attaching turtle deck on a Sig Kouger?

Hi
I'm building a Sig Kouger, and the turtle deck is plastic. What type of glue or epxoie should I use to attach it to Balsa strips?
Thanks for your help.

Handyandy
Old 12-08-2003, 08:33 PM
Shogun
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Attaching turtle deck on a Sig Kouger?

I've built 3 of these, great airplane. Attatch it just like a canopy. I will usually build the fuselage and then cover it, paint the turtledeck off the plane and then attatch it to the top of the fuse with canopy glue, like RC-56 which works great. Next attatch the canopy itself with the same glue.

RC-56 is similar to white glue but dries clear and remains soft. It's pretty great stuff and I use it in all sorts of applications.

If you really want to make that Kougar pretty, build a new turledeck out of balsa and cover it like the rest of the plane, looks better and adds very little weight.