Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

CG Falcon 56, Skylark 56, Falcon JR plans

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

CG Falcon 56, Skylark 56, Falcon JR plans

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2003, 10:46 PM
apteryx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CG Falcon 56, Skylark 56, Falcon JR plans

My first "real" R/C airplane was a Falcon 56 which I enjoyed until it went to the great balsa pile in the sky. I now have an old Skylark 56 (with EK Logictrol) and would really like to get a copy of a set of plans for both of these planes. Does anyone have or can make plan copies ?

I have an original falcon Jr with plans and would be more than happy to have copies made for others. Was there ever a Skylark Jr equivalent ? There are also some unbuilt Comet/Sterling models in the closet and those might make good electric park flyers.
Old 12-17-2003, 11:42 PM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: CG Falcon 56, Skylark 56, Falcon JR plans

Yes, there was a Skylark Jr, in fact I seem to recall it haveing the option of being built as a twin engine plane. That WAS a beauty, wouldn't mind having a set of plans myself, but then I have too many other things going on anyway!
Old 12-18-2003, 12:14 PM
apteryx

Very interesting. I certainly would like to try that design with two engines. Wonder if the Skylark 56 ever had a set of plans with two engines ? I've been out of this hobby for a while and didn't even know there was a Falcon Sr (which I assume to be larger than a Falcon 56). Of course, that begs the question ....was there a Skylark Sr ? They just have such classic pleasing lines, like an old Chevy 5W pickup. Guess it's me being 60+.
Old 12-18-2003, 01:49 PM
cwesh

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check out these guys. They have plans to bring back these planes. http://www.earlyrcmodels.com click on future kits to come.

Later!
Old 12-18-2003, 05:54 PM
apteryx

Hi Chuck,

That is a very informative site and it looks like most of those models are coming down the pipeline.

As an aside, and since you are in GAMA, did you see that I did finally find a use for the tail section of Edwin's plane which crashed during the "cut the toilet paper" contest.
Old 12-19-2003, 11:51 AM
FLYBOY
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

You can find the falcon 56 pretty easy. I have bought and sold a lot of them. Watch the market place and ebay. The skylark is harder, but they show up time to time.

Good luck.

RCM plans service also has plans for all of them.