Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Doh! (LT-25 mishap)

Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Doh! (LT-25 mishap)

Old 01-04-2004, 12:11 PM
Rick Lindsey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Doh! (LT-25 mishap)

Hi all,
I'm building the fuselage on my LT-25, and just finished the step where you glue the doublers on the fuselage sides. The first side turned out great, but I slightly misaligned the second doubler . It's off by about 1/16". Is this going to cause problems? I'm debating whether I should "fix" it by just sanding down the front, and clearing out the two holes and calling it done, or if I should trim out all the slots in the doubler to be where they "should" be, but that will make them too big...

anyhow, I'm open to any and all suggestions! I'd take a pic, but unfortunately I don't have a digicam.

thanks,
Rick
Old 01-04-2004, 03:21 PM
JNorton
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Doh! (LT-25 mishap)

Cut a piece of 1/16" balsa or whatever thickness you are off and use it to fill out wherever the formers meet. In other words make sure everything comes together square. If you have to cut the former openings a little larger do it. Just make everything square and make sure the joints fit tight and you'll be fine.

John
Old 01-04-2004, 03:25 PM
paulcarnes

...and you should really enjoy the Lt-25. Mine has an old OS-Max .30 which is really too much power.
Old 01-04-2004, 05:13 PM
Rick Lindsey

Thanks, John -- sounds like I just need to make sure the slots are where they would be had I put the doubler on correctly.

Paul, I'm definately looking forward to completing it. I've got a shiny new OS 25FX that santa delivered for my LT-25. I've heard people advocating larger engines for this plane, but I'm not convinced.
Old 01-04-2004, 07:06 PM
LarryC

Rick,

Don't let them convince you either. I've made lots of takeoffs on an LT-25 at half throttle with an OS 25LA. Fun plane.

Larry