Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

GP Pitts throttle hookup

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

GP Pitts throttle hookup

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2004, 09:31 AM
firefox144

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GP Pitts throttle hookup

Can anyone post some pics on how they did the throttle linkage on a Zenoah g-45 installation. The throttle arm on the pic below is at full open position, but at closed position it is at 90 degrees pointing straight at the firewall. The other problem is if I turn the throotle arm, it interferes with the fuel inlet and the choke arm???

The engine also came with the stock insulator which is black in the other picture. It changes the angle of the carb so the linkage is virticle.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu60914.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	128.0 KB
ID:	88952   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fa87023.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	123.7 KB
ID:	88953   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ns43862.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	120.4 KB
ID:	88954  
Old 01-09-2004, 09:20 PM
Doug D.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: GP Pitts throttle hookup

I think that you may have to hook your throttle via a seperate bellcrank and ball links. Don't know why you haven't gotten any other suggestions yet. You could maybe move this to the engine forum or the tips and technigues forum for more hits and hints. [&:]
Old 01-09-2004, 11:24 PM
JWN
Community Moderators
My Feedback: (42)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would cut the throttle arm shorter so it clears the choke arm. Then, drill a new hole and bolt a ball link to the arm. Once you do that, you can loosen the arm and rotate it so that it just clears the fuel inlet. Once you do this, the arm will full open the throttle, yet clean the choke arm when you pull the throttle back without it resulting in the arm point straight at the firewall.

John
Old 01-10-2004, 09:17 AM
firefox144

Thanks guys,

You were right JWN, I cut the throttle arm, drilled a new hole and put a ball link on. This made a huge difference. I also put the stock insulator back on so I will be able to mount the servo on the firewall without the use of a bell crank. Also, this moves the fuel nipple so I wont have to loop the fuel line around to the front of the carb.

The instructions show the throttle servo attached to the engine box, do you think it would be OK to have a servo 6 inches from a gas engine with a magneto.

Thanks.

PS- I also posted this on the Gas engine forum. I got more response here. I will post a pic when hooked up.
Old 01-10-2004, 09:21 AM
firefox144

OOps,

My bad, I asked about the difference between the orange and the black insulator on the engine forum, and recieved a wealth of replies.
Old 01-10-2004, 09:28 AM
JWN
Community Moderators
My Feedback: (42)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Glad to have helped!

You know, as long as these engines have been around, you would think Zenoah would get it together and finally deliver these things with the throttle preconfigured. They know which engines they are selling to the modeling community and that they need a throttle control. Oh well, such is life. You can't have everything easy in this hobby

John