Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

4 Star 120 Bashed into a SLURRY BOMBER

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

4 Star 120 Bashed into a SLURRY BOMBER

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2004, 07:28 AM
GPutt33
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 4 Star 120 Bashed into a SLURRY BOMBER

Guys - Thanks for posting the video and pictures so fast.

Just so you all know I waited (and waited) and the video did finally come up. It's about 19,000KB, so it will take a little while for some of us.

Here is a link to our clubs website just in case you want to see the pictures of the other birds that showed up this weekend.

[link=http://www.flagcityrc.com/cgi-bin/album.pl?full=1;photo_height=500]Flying Circuits RC Photo Albums[/link]

I think the video looks pretty awesome myself
Old 06-28-2004, 04:41 PM
rcflyguy_26
My Feedback: (8)

I like this one!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf98552.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	61.0 KB
ID:	148319  
Old 07-03-2004, 09:14 PM
wesf5

Very nice. I've dicided, I'm going to build me a slurry bomber, but out of a Four Star 60. I think that would be a good plane.
Old 07-09-2004, 09:31 PM
GPutt33

Hey Scott - Yea, I kind of liked that shot too!! Thanks again for all the help, mucho appreciated.

Hi Wesf5 - This was a fun project, and I kind of just went with the flow, experimented, and ended up with what I consider a really nice flying plane that just happens to be a little unique. I had the 4*60 also, built it as a kit, and it flew great also. Here is a link to [link=http://www.airtractor.com/]AirTractor.com[/link], this is where I went to get the spec sheets and 3 view sheets to start scaling from. Their Home Page is presently showing a picture of a Slurry Bomber making a drop on a fire, pretty cool if you ask me[8D]

The only problem with this one to date is trying to get it to land, it just wants to float and float and float.

Ah well, that's better then the alternative

Hope to start bringing it to some of the fly-ins.

Later all
Gregg

Edited to add link to AirTractor for Wesf5
Old 01-31-2009, 01:06 PM
j-j

HI GUYS I'M LOOKING AT PICKS OF AG WAGONS AND SEE TAPERED WINGS TOWARD TIP.IS ANYONE DOING THIS TO THERE 4* 120. LOOKING AT YOUR PICS I DON'T SEE THAT.THANKS FOR ALL THE INFO,SURE DO APPRECIATE IT. J-J
Old 01-31-2009, 09:13 PM
GPutt33

Hi JJ - On mine I just built up some balsa, formed it and ended up making the wings about an inch longer on each end. Mine was more for how I wanted it to look rather then accurate scale appearance I'm afraid. So I ended up with a WS of about 83.5". It also gave me a place to get my wing tip lights installed. I don't know if you've looked, but I have a whole bunch of build pictures of mine on my little RC web site. I just switched over to this site and am still building it, but the photos of the build are there somewhere if your interested in looking. [link=http://gputt33.multiply.com/]Putt's RC Home Page[/link].

Good luck and hope this helps at least a little