Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Need giant scale builder in Northern CA - Minor Repairs

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Need giant scale builder in Northern CA - Minor Repairs

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2002, 03:18 AM
raineman
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need giant scale builder in Northern CA - Minor Repairs

Had bad luck today with a new AW 33% Edge 540 ARF. The 3W100 flamed out just after lift off. I was able to bring it in with a bit of a jolt. The Carbon Fibre landing gear acutally absorbed the landing well. The gear broke, saving the fuse. I am looking for someone in Northern CA that is willing to do some minor repairs.

This is a pristine plane, built by a freak for details. It is still new. Engine still breaking in, thus the flame out. I am am not blessed with the kind of building skills that it took to build this plane. So I would like an experienced builder to repair ASAP.
Old 05-28-2002, 03:48 AM
TRP
My Feedback: (1)

Raineman,

I was at SCCMAS today when your engine quit. From where I sat - you did an excellent job landing this bird when it flamed out. You stayed cool and saved it from becoming much worse than it was.

I talked to you at the field today when it happend. I was the one you commented that was "a glass half-full kind of guy."

How long have you lived in Pinole? I spent every summer there while I was growing up. Neat little town.

Good Luck finding a builder... there are a couple at SCCMAS who should be able to help out.

TRP
Old 05-28-2002, 01:57 PM
raineman

TRP, thanks for your note. I remember you well. I got very fortunate on the landing. Thanks for the kudos. I think that I may be able to get the guy who built the plane to fix it for me. THe nastiest part is the rib in the fuselage. It is a minor repair. But it will require a monokote patch. Admittedly not a hard job. But the plane was so well built that I only want "good hands" on it.

Hope to see you out there soon. Picking up a 1/3 Cap from Joe this week.

Chris
Old 05-28-2002, 02:39 PM
raineman

I forgot to metion Pinole. I have lived there going on 5 years. I love it here. Nice bedroom community. Not to expensive. Not too cheap.
Old 05-30-2002, 12:52 AM
Spraytec
My Feedback: (18)

Default Howdy Chris

The Edge lands like a baby carriage with or without power. Would land better if lighter.
The 3w is 2 lbs extra and the ARF is heavier than what a builder can achieve.Structurally,
the design is weak in the gear area. beef it up and scrap the carbon fiber gear- prone to breakage. A BME wouldn't have crapped out on you. It is not normal for a gas twin to do that because "it is new." The Carden has a much stronger airframe and you would really have to screw up to tear out the gear.
Old 05-30-2002, 01:04 AM
Spraytec
My Feedback: (18)

Default H9 Cap

I wonder why everyone I,ve known with
a H9 Cap dumped it in short order?