Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Sureflite Zero kit

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Sureflite Zero kit

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2004, 11:31 AM
classclown23
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sureflite Zero kit

Hey guys. I am in the process of putting together a sureflite Zero kit and am having problems lining up the firewall. The instrustions (short as they are) are missing the page describing this process. I am wanting to know how the firewall is suppose to be mounted as well as the orientation of the firewall.

If anyone has built this kit they will know what I am talking about. Its a simple kit and quickly built, but this step has me scratching my head. Any help you guys can provide will be greatly appreciated.

I can provide pictures if they are necessary.

Thanks

Jason
Old 01-30-2004, 09:59 AM
DBCherry
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Sureflite Zero kit

Well, I haven't built the kit, but I'll make a suggestion. Besides, my response will kick this back to the top of the page so someone else may see it.

I'd use triangle stock on all four edges of the firewall, against the fuse sides, bottom and top to make it as strong as possible. I would set it up so that it has 1 or 2 degrees of right thrust, and 1 degree of down. I'm assuming you have the plans. That stuff is usually called out, or shown on the plans, or designed into the construction of the fuselage.
Dennis-
Old 01-30-2004, 11:06 PM
blvdbuzzard

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You are building an injected foam plane right???? I have not built the Zero, just the Spit, (4) 1/2a Cubs, (1) 25 sized Cub, (2) 25 sized Cessna's, P-39. On the Cessna's you spread epoxy all over the inside opf the fire wall/engine compartment and the ply wood fire wall slide into molded grooves. The Spit had a fire wall and beams that you epoxyed into place. It was a long time ago but I may have mixed up the planes here.

There has to be some one on here that has built the Zero that really knows how it went together.

Dru.
Old 02-02-2004, 03:45 PM
Jerry Ledford
My Feedback: (15)

Hi Jason, I have built 2 of the fly babys. I drilled 1/8" holes in the corners of the plywood motor mount,lined it up over the foam firewall and drilled 1/8"holes in the foam. I used 1/8" dowels to epoxy thru the mount and 2" into the foam.then epoxy your mount to the foam and dowels.This gives you a lot more holding power over just butting the mount to the foam. Jerry
Old 02-04-2004, 08:14 AM
classclown23

what type of glue did you use? Will that be strong enough if I mount an OS 40LA to the firewall?
Old 02-04-2004, 11:05 AM
Jerry Ledford
My Feedback: (15)

I used 5 min epoxy. You can 30 min to have more work time. Jerry
Old 02-09-2004, 08:21 AM
classclown23

does anyone else know anything about this kit? I have tried contacting Sureflite about the Zero, but their email server is obviously not in working order.
Old 02-09-2004, 11:17 AM
Warjet
My Feedback: (327)

What do you need to know? The Dymond Models store here in San Diego carries these. There are 2 size kits, .25-.40, and 46 (wingspans are different).