Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Built up wing question!

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Built up wing question!

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2004, 02:21 PM
RCHYFLYER
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Built up wing question!

I'm building the Top Flite Cessna and I'm fiberglassing it. I ran into a resin pump problem that gave me a uncurable mix on one panel of my wing. I pulled the sheeting off that panel and I am sheeting it over again. Here is my question, when sheeting originally I had to do the bottom of the wing first,then put jigs on the wing tips and center section, weigh it down which put in washout at the tips and sheet the top panels. Will removing the bottom panel sheeting cause the washout to relax? With the wing on a flat surface I took some measurements and I don't see any difference from the unsheeted side to the sheeted side. What do you think? oh I forgot to mention that all of the wing except the panel in question has one coat of resin and cloth on it, so maybe that will help hold the washout.
Old 02-03-2004, 02:42 PM
Darren40
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Built up wing question!

I've had the same thing happen to me, except on a Marutaka B-25.

I haven't built the TF Cessna but sounds as though the bottom is sheeted while the structure is still pinned down. I assume you then turn it over and sheet the top. This is opposite from most of the kits I've built, but same difference. If so, you should have no problem since the top sheeting will hold the washout in place, even if it wasn't already glassed.
Removing the sheeting off the top section isn't much fun is it.
Old 02-03-2004, 03:55 PM
RCHYFLYER
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Built up wing question!

ORIGINAL: Darren40
Removing the sheeting off the top section isn't much fun is it.
It's the bottom I removed and if I had any left I would rather have my teeth pulled