Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

CG Super Chipmunk instruction book

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

CG Super Chipmunk instruction book

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2004, 09:27 PM
wings

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CG Super Chipmunk instruction book

Can someone who has built this kit before tell me if their instruction book conisted of a bunch of xerox copies stapled together that if you are lucky my may be able to make out what they are talking about on the pictures?

Is this normal, or did I get ripped off. Because this is sad.[:@]

Wings
Old 02-12-2004, 11:30 PM
Tony R

Default RE: CG Super Chipmunk instruction book

I have an older kit NIB from 1987 that has a booklet that has decent pictures. Since they were bought by Lanier, they may have lost the original documents and are making copies. There are a few correction sheets that are photocopies, but are still legible. You may call Goldberg and see if they can email you a pdf file of the original.
Was this a new model or an older one?
I can scan and email you a copy if you can wait a day or so.

Tony R
Old 02-13-2004, 09:06 PM
wings

That would be great Tony, I would appreciate it.

I guess its a new model, I just received it from Tower 2 days ago. My wife called them and gave them hell (she's good at that) and they are supposed to send another copy. But I think it is going to be the same thing.

I havn't started on the kit, but was just reading through the instructions. I found myself confused on the first page because I couldn't see the pictures.

Thanks,

Wings
Old 02-17-2004, 12:39 AM
Tony R

Check your email.
Tony R
Old 06-15-2004, 01:51 PM
Infinytum

Hi¡¡¡¡¡¡¡

this is Paco from Mexico, 4 monts ago you ask about the owner manual to Chipmunk........

my cuestion is, do you have a owner manual of chipmunk?????

i buy a chipmunk in Tower the last mont and i don´t started on the kit too, because the copies of manual don´t see.

in that month Tony R (check your email)

regards¡¡¡¡¡¡
Old 06-15-2004, 02:44 PM
Wayne Miller

Hi Wings,

I just looked at my old kits that I still have hanging around and never built to see if I could find out whether the instructions were photocopied and stapeled.

I did find a CG Super Chipmunk kit new in box. I opened it and took a look. It has full size lay-out plans as well as a build instruction book. There was nothing photocopied or stapeled together. It was kinda interesting poking around in the old stuff, I also found a Jack Stafford Models P-39 Aircobra, still in the box, but the box is falling apart. Someday I'll have to get around to selling them.

Hope this helps.

Fly4Fun,

Wayne Miller
Old 06-15-2004, 05:28 PM
wings

ohh, you were the one nice enough to send me a copy.

I did get a copy emailed from Tower, but it was the same copy you sent me.

I sent it to you again.

Anyway, I havn't had any problems reading it after the first page.

It seem to get clearer. I am not that far along though. I am just now at the point to join the wings.

Good Luck!

Wings
Old 04-19-2006, 12:56 PM
pgitta
My Feedback: (3)

The manual IS absolutely awful. Especially for a $150 kit. The photos are almost useless.

If I ever get another one, (I do like the airplane), I'm going to follow the manual and shoot the exact angle shots in color at high res, add a couple steps that are just plain left out, and convert it to .pdf

Hmmm... I wonder if I did that and sent it to Goldberg, would they let me have a kit for the spruce up?

Old 05-22-2006, 09:58 PM
WispyBot

Wings;
Working on and off for about 18 months, I've recently completed my Carl Goldberg "Super Chipmunk" Kit, I've never questioned the instruction manual but, yes it's a stapled Xerox booklet. I see what you mean, Awful [:'(]Just be sure not to miss any check boxes. In addition, I'm useing an OS .50, 11X6. my total dry weight is 8lbs 2ozs. I couldn't tolerate the 6/32 screws with blind nuts to mount the wing, so I modified the wing to accept two 1/4" nylon wing bolts, and (no bellcranks) installed independent aileron servos. The manual is complete, the last page you'll find the Gauges, Good luck! Be sure to visit my hangar.

Precision & Consistency
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Je99288.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	72.4 KB
ID:	465342   Click image for larger version

Name:	Db86039.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	72.2 KB
ID:	465343  
Old 05-23-2006, 11:55 AM
cooper998

I just checked Goldbergs site and the manual is available for down load and looks pretty good. This thread has got me wanting another one. I built one back when they first came out and got midaired on the first flight, now I want another one and want to electrify it! I will be ordering one and using the DOWNLOADED instruction manual.

cooper998