Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Know of a pull-pull kit that comes with tubes???

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Know of a pull-pull kit that comes with tubes???

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2004, 10:49 PM
idranoel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Know of a pull-pull kit that comes with tubes???

I am recovering my CG Super Chipmunk and thought I would do some mods while the covering is stripped. One of the mods I'd like to do is to put a pull-pull on the rudder (and maybe even the elevator). I just installed my first pull-pull on a Morris Hobbies Yellow Jacket and it turned out just fantastic -- smooth and tight. However, the Yellow Jacket came with tubes for the cables to run through. The cables are coated in plastic and glide through the tubes beautifully. I can't find a pull-pull kit that comes with tubes (not Dubro, Great Planes, Sullivan, etc.) Does anyone know of a company that sells pull-pulls with tubes??? Thanks,

Dan
Old 03-01-2004, 11:40 PM
JWN
Community Moderators
My Feedback: (42)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Know of a pull-pull kit that comes with tubes???

I make my own pull-pull cables from the same stuff Dubro puts in their packages. Plastic coated stainless steel fishing leader. The tackle area of the sporting goods store will also carry the crimp sleeves. For tubing, I use whatever I have laying around. I only use the tubing for the fuse exit as that is all that is required. Nyrod, Golden rods or any of the multitude of clear "antenna" tubes at the LHS work equally well.

John
Old 03-02-2004, 02:01 AM
FHHuber
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Know of a pull-pull kit that comes with tubes???

K&S sells "antenna tubes" appx 48 inch clear plastic tube about the dia of Ny-Rod inner rod. It would work very well for the tube to run a pull-pull inside.

Sullivan sells a 30 ft coil of thin stranded steel cable type pushrod with tube... The outer dia of the nylon tube is smaller than the normal nyrod inner rod. (about the dia of a 4-40) this would nake a heavy duty pull-pull system (comes with a few pieces of threaded 2-56 brass tube to solder on the ends of the cable... ) I still have about 20 ft of my coil that I bought 3 years ago. I don't use it a lot but when I want it... there is no substitute. (great for sailplane spoiler and flying stab on T-tail operation)