Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Storch Kit

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Storch Kit

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2002, 12:13 AM
Waterman
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Storch Kit

I've found a storch kit by a company called Aviomodelli. Does anyone know if they make good kits?
Old 06-22-2002, 06:58 PM
Ju87BStuka

Default Storch Kit

I've the Aviomodelli kit. I understand that the fhe firm has an excellent reputation, and came recommended. I haven't started it yet but the quality looks excellent
Old 06-22-2002, 07:00 PM
Waterman

Default Storch Kit

Thanks! Where did you tget the kit? What size is the plane?
Old 06-22-2002, 07:02 PM
Ju87BStuka

Default Storch Kit

Waterman,

I'm afraid I'm in the Uk, but if interested I bought it at Sussex Model Centre, who I believe have a web site
Wingspan is about 60 inch or more. Requires a 90 Four stroke
Old 06-22-2002, 09:45 PM
Slowbatics

Default STORCH KIT

HI,
THE STORCH KIT IS AVAILABLE FROM SMC. I'VE BEEN THINKING ABOUT GETTING ONE MYSELF.
GO TO www.sussex-model-centre.co.uk
I think the span is closer to 82". LENGTH55" , WEIGHT 169-176 OZ., AROUND 4232.00 +shipping
Let me know if you get one ,and what you think.

THANKS
Old 06-22-2002, 09:57 PM
MikeS
My Feedback: (37)

Default Storch Kit

Bob Holman Plans has a Storch plans and short kit. It looked good when I saw it at Toledo. Don't 'member exact size, but it was a nice big'un.
Old 06-22-2002, 09:57 PM
Waterman

Default Storch Kit

Thanks, I have emialed them for particulars. I found another model in the RC Report that trashed such a kit as this. I'm trying to find out who the manufacturer was.
There is a gentelman at http://www.bhplans.com/db1.htm that has kits for the storch. You may want to check that out.
I'll let you know what I find out.
thanks again.
Joe
Old 11-30-2002, 07:37 AM
RC-BOSS

Default Fiesler Storch

If you are in the US, you can get the Aviomodelli Fiesler Storch in one of 2 versions. The foam core, vinyl covered wings or the balsa built up wings. Both versions are available at www.Internet-Rc.com in Phoenix, AZ.
Old 11-30-2002, 12:33 PM
leroifort

Default Storch Kit

I builded the aviomodelli storch, and here are my coments on it

If you decide to buils the aviomodelli storch, i strongly suggest you to build the wood wings.....
In fact the plane is so heavy with the foam wings that it's flying like a rocket. A heavy weight reduction is also mandatory in the fuselage structure.
It look like the aviomodelli policy is "why make it simple and light when it can be complicate and heavy ?"

I am an european modeler and i may tell you that aviomodelli airplanes kits have a very bad reputation here
Old 11-30-2002, 01:01 PM
Waterman

Default Storch Kit

Thank you for your reply. I wondered how the avia. kits were. I was on the verge of buying one until I read your email. I will investigate further.
thanks again!
Joe
Old 11-30-2002, 01:20 PM
Ju87BStuka

Default Storch Kit

Waterman,

I can only concur with the adverse comments. Having commited myself to it's build, I found the plans/instructions very poor and unclear. Particularly annoying is the view that this flies like a rocket, not a characteristic that you look for in the Storch. Finding help from the manufacturer on the incomprehensible instructions resulted in a reply at last from the UK distributor some two months after the query and long after I found some kind but commisserating help on one of these forums for which I was grateful. Don't buy it, but if you have, make sure that you get the built up wings, or get rid of it.
Old 12-01-2002, 11:56 AM
leroifort

Default Storch Kit

One more coment on the bird,

I really like to spend plenty of time in my workshop, I prefer to be in the workshop than on the flying field and i am not afraight to start a two or three years buiding project......
I usually assemble kits for other modelers of my club.
I builded dozen of planes and in each of them I had a particular kinf of pleasure. Some box are perfect (like the sig planes) ,some of them are real challenges (like the precedent sv4 kit)
In each of them i liked to completly invest my time and my passion for building and I had a good final result.
Exept for one and only one, the aviomodelli storch
I really had no fun to build it and i have been very happy when it finally left my workshop fot test flights
The plane flown three times and because of the poor flying characteristic he is now finishing his live in static display in the belgian airforce museum
Old 12-01-2002, 02:56 PM
franciscan

Default Storch Kit

Hi Waterman
Nexus has a good storch plan (d Bryant fame). I am about to start electric conversion. 69" span and a very good plan. Hoping for 65oz and brushless 22-20-3 Mega. This plane must be light to follow original flying concept. It has flaps and normal controls. Designer is well known scale man.
Franciscan