Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Proctor Antic, all suggestons welcome

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Proctor Antic, all suggestons welcome

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2004, 07:18 PM
h-ray-RCA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Proctor Antic, all suggestons welcome

Hey all,

Kinda stucck, I'm at the point where I'm hinging the ailerons and am a bit stuck on how to make these kind of hinges. Suggestions/tips?

Also would welcome any suggestions about the kit. It's my first kit of this size.

Thanks,

Steev
Old 03-30-2004, 01:43 PM
pcampjax
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Proctor Antic, all suggestons welcome

Steev,
I built my Proctor Antic in 1986 (boy have the years gone by). I still have it and it still flies great! As for my hinges, I used CA hinges when they first came out. Everyone was skeptical, but they stood the test of time. For a plane as light as the antic and with a low vibration engine, 4 stroke or 2 stroke, the CA hinges work great. Here's another interesting thought. I am just now in the process of converting the Antic to an electric motor. AXI brush-less from Hobby Lobby w/12 2400 MA C cells swinging a 14X10 Graupner prop.
Good luck on you Antic.
Paul
Old 04-17-2005, 08:01 PM
h-ray-RCA

ORIGINAL: pcampjax

Here's another interesting thought. I am just now in the process of converting the Antic to an electric motor. AXI brush-less from Hobby Lobby w/12 2400 MA C cells swinging a 14X10 Graupner prop.
Good luck on you Antic.
Paul

Hello again Paul and everyone,

I'm finally getting going again on my Antic. Instead of jumping back in I took some time and built a few other kits 3 of them were electric and I'm hooked. Especially when I thought about cleaning goop off all the open truss fues.

I was also thinking about electric and it sounds like you got a jump on me. How did it go?

Any other Antic Owners, please feel free to jump in.

Take care,

Steve
I've heard of Hangar Queens, but a Wall Queen?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec87685.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	28.2 KB
ID:	259451  
Old 04-24-2005, 09:11 PM
pcampjax
My Feedback: (1)

Steve,
With the electric setup described above, the Antic flies great!
You will not be disappointed. The plane can handle the extra weight of NiCad batteries although, if you can afford them, use Lithium Polymer cells. Not only is the Antic a pretty plane in flight, seeing it fly quietly is a joy. Better yet, no mess!
Good luck.
Paul
Old 04-24-2005, 10:40 PM
h-ray-RCA

ORIGINAL: pcampjax

Steve,
With the electric setup described above, the Antic flies great!
You will not be disappointed. The plane can handle the extra weight of NiCad batteries although, if you can afford them, use Lithium Polymer cells. Not only is the Antic a pretty plane in flight, seeing it fly quietly is a joy. Better yet, no mess!
Good luck.
Paul
Great to hear Paul! I've got the wings done now, though I look at some of my workmanship from those years ago and I wince. I'm going to make a mod and put indivdual Hitec HS-125mg flat servos in the wings and I'm saving for the LiPol cells so I can enjoy myself.

Thanks for being the pioneer, I'l keep you posted. Looks like we're literally on opposite corners of the country.

Steve