Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

how much for GP cherokee 40 kit?

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

how much for GP cherokee 40 kit?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2004, 05:17 PM
briansommers
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how much for GP cherokee 40 kit?

i have an oportunity to purchase the above, brand new in box for $130, is this a fair price or to much?

thanks
Old 04-23-2004, 05:26 PM
TLH101
My Feedback: (90)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: how much for GP cherokee 40 kit?

Seems a little high to me. They were about $80-$90 when the went out of production. They are a good flyer though, and if you reallly want one, you might jump on it. Some guy had one on e-bay with a buy-it-now of $330, but the bidding only made it to $130.
Old 04-23-2004, 05:35 PM
briansommers
My Feedback: (2)

thats me! im the one

well aparently what happened is that there was a higher bidder than me but apparently it didnt work out and the reserve , i dont think, was met. so the seller gave me email allowing me to purchase it at 130 if i want to , i dont have to but...

i allways wanted one of these when they were making them but never did get to it and just like that they were gone.

but i have a gp dazzler and i just purchased a h9 C182 giant arf, w/ a saito 180 four stroker soooo....

im kinda leaning toward the airsail piper tomawhawk kit, larger wingspan and i love the t-tail and thats 160 i think

mmmmmm... tough decision
Old 04-25-2004, 12:32 PM
dbrcer

They are a very good airplane.I built one when they were still in production and they fly very well (especially when flaps are installed..I put my servo sideways so the flaps would go down the same each side). Afriend of mine just bought one from a club member for about the same price.IMHO a very good plane for the money and I wish they would re issue it maybe as an ARF.
Old 04-26-2004, 12:15 PM
ksechler

Probably too late for this, but IMHO I wouldn't. You can get a NIB RV-4 for $100. They fly great and also have flaps.
Old 04-28-2004, 09:38 PM
flblz

hi,
i've been trying to get ahold of third coast hobbies to purchase a piper tomahawk,

& have been calling for over a week now, & nobody ever answers their phone. they are the only distributor for this plane. this is a kit. any help would be greatly appreciated. )
thanx bill zehner.