Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

L-19 BirdDog 1/5 Scale Ikon N'west building question

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

L-19 BirdDog 1/5 Scale Ikon N'west building question

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2004, 11:12 AM
Pietro
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default L-19 BirdDog 1/5 Scale Ikon N'west building question

Hi all
anybody out there who has built the L-19 Bird Dog /5 Scale from Ikon ?
I read the instructions. It sais build the wing upside down...but does not give any hint which
spar to use on the plan a guide and how to ensure all ribs are correctly alligned.
The ribs are semi-symetrical.

Pete
Old 10-21-2004, 07:56 AM
AIRPLANENUTS
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: L-19 BirdDog 1/5 Scale Ikon N'west building question

Pietro, how did you like your kit? I am considering buying one, myself.
Old 12-21-2004, 10:35 AM
Lipi

Default RE: L-19 BirdDog 1/5 Scale Ikon N'west building question

Pete hello.
I just finishing my L-19 1/5 scale from I´kon West.
It take me 10 month to finish the model,I finished the model with fiber glass cloth 3/4 onz. and epoxy resin.
You have 2 spar in the upper part of the wing ribs,you have to pin those over you plan(very flat).then you put the ribs very flat in the area of this two spars you have to put the first rib where the wing goes with the fuselage with the correct angle of diedral( I Put 2 degreess) remember you are working the wing upside down.When you finished putting all the spars you have to put the leading edge and the trailing edge the better way you could never make force every thing you have to correct, correct only Sanding remember that the trainling edge have enough material to fit perfect the front part of the rib.Im goig to picture my plane and send to you some photos another question you have let me know.I´m looking for the movement to set in the elevator, and the tail wheel klett that they said in the manual is to soft,probably because I sheeting all the stab and rudder.