Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Servo wires to Bipe Top Wing

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Servo wires to Bipe Top Wing

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2002, 12:36 AM
dmax64

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Servo wires to Bipe Top Wing

The Biplane I'm building has 4 aileron servos, 2 bottom wing, 2 top. I'd like some ideas on a clean practical way to run and connect the servo wires to the top wing. I'm thinking the best way is to run them out the top of the fuse at the cabanes. But do I have them plug in at the fuse or bottom of wing or some other way. Please give me some suggestions.
Old 07-02-2002, 02:48 AM
Cabane
My Feedback: (2)

What model biplane is it?
Old 07-02-2002, 11:32 AM
Jim_McIntyre

I do all mine the same.

Make the cabane hole in the wing fairing slightly larger than the piano wire (large enough to feed the sero lead {without connector} through).
Hollow out the cabane and run the wire inside, next to the piano wire. At the wing, either beside the mount or better if you can, in the middle of the mount, make a slit just large enough to take the connectors. Pull the connecotr through, connect and tuck back up inside. WHen you want to remove the wing, simply tug on the wire until the connector pops through and disconnect.

Check it out on my latest, a Fokker Dr1. Betcha can't see the wire or connectors.

Hope this helps.
Old 07-02-2002, 08:08 PM
dmax64

Cabane, the model is a Weeks Solution X.
Jim_McIntyre, Thanks for the reply and photos, look like a neat setup. I might use it. Any others?
Old 07-02-2002, 08:28 PM
SLC
My Feedback: (2)

I saw a neat setup on a GP Pitts a few weeks ago. The guy had mounted a charge jack socket on the fuselage on both sides of the cabanne. The servo wires exited a grommet near center of top wing and plugged into charge sockets. They looked like the ones made by Ernst.

SLC
Old 07-27-2002, 05:34 AM
Tired Old Man
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've got one of the new GP Pitts. The connection you refer to is indeed an Ernst charge jack, modified by cutting about 1/2 of the depth off the back. The connector wire inside the fuselage is lightly glued into the jack for the inside. The GP instruction booklet for the 1/3 Pitts shows in detail how to do this.

Silversurfer
Old 07-27-2002, 07:09 AM
RCLIVIN
My Feedback: (46)

I also used two ernst charge jacks on my 1/3 pitts, with two you can connect left side to channel 6 & right side to channel 1. Where the leads exit the wing I put strips of velcro on leads & stick to wing, then I put strips of velcro down inside of left & right cabane strut, ernst charge jacks are just behind cabane struts where connectors plug in. very neat looking