Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Tiger 60 Wing Help

Old 05-17-2004, 02:47 PM
Walfam
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Tiger 60 Wing Help

finished my two halfs of the wings on my tiger 60 and then when trimming the inside edges, I didnt realize the plan had moves a little
and the cut was angled. I have been resanding the two wings to match each other but I find one is a time bit shorter that the
other side. Should I make sure each wing is the same exact length or does it really matter? or did I get lucky and make the longer
wind opposite the muffler side to compensate for the weight of the muffler (just kidding, but possible huh? ((GRIN)).

Also I now have to resand the leading edge for the wing pin..... that seems poor design to me on my OV-10 they had a much better way
of doing it....... any thoughts on this.

I know a lot of guys are building and have built this kit so any help would be appreciated.
Old 05-17-2004, 02:58 PM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Tiger 60 Wing Help

As long as the wing is straight when the two halves are joined, it won't matter if one side is a little longer than the other (As long as we're not talking 2 or 3" longer LOL)
Old 05-19-2004, 10:10 PM
bojangle

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I doubt if anyone (including the plane) will notice a tad difference. Just be sure it's all balanced laterally. And yes, the muffler weight (or side mount engine) does have to be accounted for in the final balance. So maybe you did get lucky after all.

BO
Old 05-20-2004, 02:23 PM
DGrant
My Feedback: (4)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I'm with Minn here...as long as it's not a few inches it won't matter. Maybe 1/4"give or take I'd say wouldn't matter. Just thought though.....could we be talking about a whole wing bay difference? That would make a bigggg diff.
Old 05-20-2004, 02:56 PM
Walfam
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Thanks Guys,

Sometimes affirmation is the most important thing one can get!!!!!!... the difference is about 1/4" so from what I have read, I am
probably gonna be ok. however, getting the two wings come match together perfectly has been a #%$%$%!% (quote/unquote). But please note I am having fun doing it!!!!!!... gonna glue the halfs together tomorrow night and finish the wing sometime over the week end.

Then all I have left is the body!!!!....

engines is broken in and ready to go

servos ready to go

receiver ready to go

covering is bought and ready to go

The end in getting near!!!!!..

OH YEAH!!!...

Sigh, buy my go got up and went!!!! never enuff time!!! scheecz!!!!

Thanks for the help
[&o]
Old 05-21-2004, 02:34 PM
iflyrc24
My Feedback: (5)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Like what has already been said a 1/4" won't matter much. But if you wanted you could make up a false rib and glue it to the short wing panel.

DEG
Old 05-21-2004, 08:06 PM
mars

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

The wing pin seemed ok to me. I glassed it in with 3/4oz cloth for a little extra strength. The wing fits very snuggly into the fuse (mine) seems to be a perfect fit.
I glassed in the landing gear supports as well. Are you building as a trike or TD?
Sometimes the right tools can make a big difference. Do you use squeeze clamps? For me having several styles of clamps on hand has really helped dry fitting and then final glueing(wing).
My Tiger is just awaiting covering, sounds like you making good progress! What power plant did you go with? Have a color scheme? Keep us posted.