Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Which wing bay?

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Which wing bay?

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2004, 11:00 PM
Swager
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which wing bay?

Building a 4 Star 40. Going the dual aeliron route. Which bays does the servo go into?

Thanks
Old 05-28-2004, 11:56 PM
CP140

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Which wing bay?

I don't know that it's all that important which bay you put them in.. but I'll run through my thoughts that lead me to put them where I put them...

Keeping the servos closer to centre will mean less weight out toward the wing tips which means a faster start to rolls and and a more prompt stopping of a roll because of the weight of the servos being closer in.

In the middle of the aileron would be ideal from a flexing of the aileron point of view...probably not something even worth worrying about...

The bays are all the same size/depth, so that's not really a consideration...

Mine are in the 7th bay in from the tip....why?...well, in that bay the servo leads were just long enough to run to the wing centre without an extension....not very scientific is it?[sm=wink.gif]

Hope this helps!
Old 05-29-2004, 07:02 AM
DBCherry
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Which wing bay?

Not very scientific, but you go with what works best.

I'd also remove the last bay from each wing. The plane still slows to a crawl for landing, nut aerobatics are easier.
Dennis-