Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

CG Chipmunk Engine

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

CG Chipmunk Engine

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2004, 08:37 PM
-Fast-Eddie
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CG Chipmunk Engine

Ok as of now i have a Super Tiger 61 in my chipmunk. I was wondering if i could sneek a ST 91-,90 i cant remember , in there?
Another question. Where is the CG on this thing? I dont have the plans anymore and just wanted to check it out cause mine seems a little nose heavy.

Thanks,
Eddie
Old 06-04-2004, 08:53 PM
Russmall

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: CG Chipmunk Engine

I have an OS 91FX in mine and it seems perfect to me. I would not be happy with anything less........RS
Old 06-04-2004, 08:55 PM
blvdbuzzard

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I had a ST .75 in mine and that was way more then I needed. If you broke out the shoe horns and a couple of hammers you could fit it in there with room left over. I am sure that a Magnum, O.S., GMS, TTor any other brand of .91 would fit. I do not remember if you will run into prop clearance problems.

Dru.
Old 06-05-2004, 09:54 PM
daven
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am running a ST .91 in my World Models Chipmunk (CG clone). I also, would not be happy with anything smaller. I would also build the plane so that the bottom of the rudder had a little more clearance over the top of the elevators. As it is, it limits the total throw.

A 14x4W Apc prop works great for this plane and engine.