Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Midwest Hots II

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Midwest Hots II

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2004, 09:20 PM
CHassan
My Feedback: (13)

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Midwest Hots II

I picked one up and have begun builing it. Are there any changes I should make?
I'm thinking of enlarging the control surfaces, and maybe adding counterbalance, dunno yet.
Any advice from thoses who have built/flown them would be great.
Thanks,
Craig
Old 06-13-2004, 01:54 AM
Tired Old Man
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Midwest Hots II

There's no need to change anything. It flys great the way it is.
Old 06-23-2004, 06:29 PM
East RC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just finished up a super hots and I increased my ailerons to 3" x 1/4" balsa and my elevator also. With the rudder I used an origianl elevator half and glued to the backside of the stock rudder and trimmed of the excess at the top. I can now do quite a bit more, aerobatically, than I could with my old super. I can hover with more control, harrier, knife edge loop, lamcevak and much more. The hots is a great flier stock, but if you want step it up to more of a super 3-d plane then I would increase control surfaces. Just be sure to use dual rates and make sure to seal the hinge gaps to arrest flutter potential, wich can be fatal. I also veared on the radio gear also. I put a servo on each aileron, instead of one with torque rods and I put one servo on each elevator half and mounted my rudder servo in the tail under the horizontal stab. It exceeded my expectations in responsiveness and performance.
Old 06-24-2004, 07:38 AM
bolar
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ditto on the Hots II. It is a great plane. It's also sad they stopped making them.