Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Wing AT-6 Spar location?

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Wing AT-6 Spar location?

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2002, 05:23 PM
TRP
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wing AT-6 Spar location?

Greetings -

I am in the process of building a Wing Mfg At6 Texan.

I have reached the point where I need to start the wings. Being that they are foam core I need to mount the spars and hard points before I sheet the wing cores (and then bag 'em).

The problem I am having is that the plans don't show the spar location. I imagine it must be on the plans.. but for the life of me.. I can't find it.

Where should I locate the upper and lower spars? I kind of assumed that the proper location would be just for ward of the c/g - is that correct?

Thanks for your help -
TRP
Old 07-11-2002, 02:52 AM
nchrome

Default AT6 Texan

TRP There are no spars on the Texan you just put in the Diehedral braces and figure in where you want to put the slots for the wires for your servos and whether or not if you are going to have Retracts or not. The sheeting of the wing gives you all the support for the wing inplace of the Spars. If you go with Retracts you will notice that the wing area for the wooden dowl will look a little sparse don't threat both the glass and the wheel tubs will make up for the loss of materal. And the wings will stay in place with no problem.
Old 07-11-2002, 05:18 AM
TRP
My Feedback: (1)

Default Wing AT-6 Spar location?

Wow.. really?

Okay then! I will just go ahead and use the gp retracts and the braces.

I plan on sheeting the wings with the supplied balsa, some probond and then bag them. I really hope they are strong enough.

Thanks again!

Ted