Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Just wanted to say way to go!!!!

Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Just wanted to say way to go!!!!

Old 06-21-2004, 11:35 PM
GrnBrt
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just wanted to say way to go!!!!

I'm building a goldberg Ultimate 10-300 and started the fuz yesterday and that's when I found out that who ever packed it gave me 3 fuz tops and no sides, bummer! Well I callled Goldberg and told them the problem expecting a hard time as it's an older kit but they were really good about it and new sides are on the way. Now I here a lot of bad about customer service but if you're nice to them on the phone and don't come down hard you usually get what you need and that's how it was today. My hat is dipped to them!
Old 06-22-2004, 12:39 AM
RCJake-rcu
My Feedback: (7)

Default RE: Just wanted to say way to go!!!!

Yo Wingman! You getting back into the shop? Wheeeeeee Haaaaaaaw!!! Glad to hear it!

Good to hear about Goldberg's customer service. It seems like a lot of the manufacturers are taking better care of their cutomers nowadays. Let us know how the Ultimate turns out...

Jake
Old 06-22-2004, 05:16 AM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

What Engine are you putting in that Art?
Old 06-22-2004, 05:43 AM
GrnBrt

Yup wingman I be trying but the back is giving me fits, took forever to get the tail feathers and wings done. I'll be putting a Saito 1.20GK in the nose, Hitec slim aileron servos in the wing and high torque futaba's to the elevator and rudder.[&:]
Old 06-22-2004, 09:37 AM
Dano13

I have had a similar experience with SIG. I purchased a Cub kit, but never opened it until two months later. After opening it up and laying everything out for inventory, I was missing one very important ply sheet. I called customer service about it, even admitting that I had had the kit for awhile now. I recieved it 5 days later, no charge. Thank you SIG!

Oh, and whoever packed it had a sense of humor. On the outside of the bubble wrap was one of those "old fashioned" bright yellow smiley stickers.

dano13
Old 06-22-2004, 10:05 AM
newbieT

I, too, recently had an experience like this, except mine was with Great Planes. I had just got my pt-40 and did the same as Dano. I was laying everything out for the wing construction and discovered I was missing a sheet of balsa that contained 4 wing ribs. The wife called while I was at work and said they were really nice, located the order from Tower Hobbies to confirm it, and shipped it out. Arrived 5 days later, no charge!

-Dave
Old 06-23-2004, 12:01 AM
bojangle

It pays to be cordial when dealing with customer service. Over the years I have had good service from Sig, Goldberg, GP and Tower. I especially like Sig, if you have an issue with a plane they will put you in touch with the designer.

Bob
Old 06-27-2004, 09:26 PM
FreddytheFish

I had a similar experience with Carl Goldberg, with my parts arriving about a week after I phoned them. I do have to say though, the lady I talked to on the phone gave me a really rough time. It almost sounded like she personally didn't believe me that I had pieces missing from my kit. After she went off and talked to someone else then we got everything rolling.

Oh well, maybe she was just having a bad day.

Mike
Old 07-05-2004, 11:25 PM
GrnBrt

Well I got the parts last week but the guy at Goldberg said that some of the other parts may not fit right and that I'd have to work around it. Well he wasn't just whistling Dixie![X(][:@] I mated the bottom wing to the fuz and it doesn't even come close to fitting![:@] I don't know what they changed but I now have a whole lot of cutting and sanding to do and will have to check the incidence real careful when I am done, darn and it was going so well![&o][:'(]
Old 07-08-2004, 12:12 AM
GrnBrt

Well I finally got the wing saddle sanded down and almost a 1/8" of wood had to be removed for a good fit, but it's spot on. I really am not happy with the way they cut it and changed things but heck it was a challenge for sure. Here's a shot of the rest of the plane and will post more once the fuz is framed up.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	He97463.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	54.9 KB
ID:	151453