Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

The GP Cap 232 is almost there

Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

The GP Cap 232 is almost there

Old 08-13-2005, 09:29 PM
motodude11
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The GP Cap 232 is almost there

tom thanks for the insite on the landing gear situation i've been trying to figure out how to fix it again so it wont happen again. pedro i am using a slimline muffler on my webra and im also now running a perry pump too. i still need to fly the plane more to get use to it im kinda scared of it at this point because of the landing gear coming off twice and my motor still isnt broken in and im just not use to the way this plane lands. if you want to see my plane pedro and what setup i have click the my model button at the bottom of my post also check out my member gallery for the full size pictures of the cap and my other models.

Josh
Old 08-14-2005, 09:46 PM
FlyingPilgrim
My Feedback: (26)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I shimmed my engine mount for zero degrees up/down thrust, which helped in dialing in my Cap. It still stalls when flaring for landing, and next time out I will adjust both ailerons up a few turns to make it land a little better. I'll let you all know how it goes...
Old 08-15-2005, 08:52 AM
motodude11

i dont know sounds kinda weird does your cap tip stall or nose stall? The only thing mine does is drop the nose which is due to pilots error because i dont know how fast to bring her in and im use to 3 pointing all my other planes and sliding in and stuff like that. But the stalling to the nose and tall grass are the reasons i've had problems with my landing gear ripping out.

Josh
Old 08-15-2005, 11:24 AM
FlyingPilgrim
My Feedback: (26)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine tip stalls when I go to flare for landing. When coming in for final, any elevator input will make it climb, rather than flare (to a point). It just floats, and doesn't want to land. Then, when it reaches stall speed to finally touch down, it tip stalls, and I lose the aileron control to keep it level. Before, when I had the original engine thrust at +2 degrees, I had raised both elevators to reduce this tip stalling, and it helped quite a bit. I set the ailerons back at zero when I changed the engine thrust to zero degrees up/down, resetting a "base line" for everything. The stall on landing reappeared, so I obviously need to dial the up back into the ailerons. (I'm thinking 3 turns per clevis).
Old 08-15-2005, 01:30 PM
motodude11

lets see mine did do that when i flew it the first time, but it was way tail heavy and now that i moved the cg forward it only nose stalls and has no nasty tendencies, it seemed like it was a leaf floating back and forth well i was reversing my aileron control to get it to stop. im telling you flyingpilgrim move the cg back and the plane will fly much better and you will love it i wouldnt even touch the aileron settings.

Josh