Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Best Extra 300 for Saito 100

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Best Extra 300 for Saito 100

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2004, 08:39 AM
Mr_Scary
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Extra 300 for Saito 100

I posted this in the IMAC forum and it was suggested that I ask over here:

I love the looks of the Extra 300. I would like to build a kit of one and use my Saito 100 off my enlarged funfly. The funfly was a fun experiment on my part, but it actually turned out TOO stable. It won't snap roll or tumble, it just straightens out and flies level This plane has about 1150 sq. in of wing and weighs right at 8lbs ready to fly. I want to do some IMAC-style aerobatics -- spins, snaps, point rolls, knife edge, tumbles, etc. Don't need the 3-D stuff. If I want to do that, I'll get a heli (hopefully this fall!).

I think I have narrowed it down to either the Great Planes .60 size or the Goldberg Extra kit. I would like good vertical perf with the Saito. I run 30% heli fuel turning a 15-6 at 9600 rpm right now on the fun fly. Does anyone have any advice on which plane might be a better choice?
Old 08-11-2004, 08:45 AM
joeb102072
My Feedback: (9)

Default RE: Best Extra 300 for Saito 100

How about this.....

http://www.yellowaircraft.com/aerobatic/extra60.htm

I have the Giles 60 size great flying plane. Saito 100 with a 15x6 prop awesome combo. But I believe any of the yellow aircraft planes are real good buys. Their material and hardware are good too for an ARF. I didnt use their recomended pull pull for rudder and I put my elevator servos in the tail but other than that its a great flying bird.
Old 08-11-2004, 02:52 PM
CAPtain232
My Feedback: (40)

There are a couple of threads running here in the KIT BUILDING FORUM, but it would seem as though one of the most well liked EXTRA 300 KITS would be the GREAT PLANES 60 size
Old 08-11-2004, 02:59 PM
enahs
My Feedback: (4)

I have flown both Extras with great success. The Goldberg is slightly larger and heavier but flies wonderfully. The GP builds easier IMHO and flies just as well. Personally I would go with the Great Planes Extra. Either way, enjoy!

Shane