Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

GP Ultimate Bipe Question

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

GP Ultimate Bipe Question

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2004, 09:55 AM
Bayou Talker
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GP Ultimate Bipe Question

I will soon be building a GP Ultimate Bipe and was wondering if is possible or advisable to build it with flaperons. I will be using a Saito 72 and Futaba 6EXA radio.

Anyone have any experience with this set-up?
Old 08-12-2004, 09:15 PM
DavidAgar
My Feedback: (108)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: GP Ultimate Bipe Question

I cannot think of a reason the plane would need them. It has a very managable landing speed and with 4 ailerons being used, I would imagine the extra lift might be a bit hard to handle. Might be worth experimenting with. It will need a computer radio to do it. Good Luck, Dave
Old 08-13-2004, 07:39 AM
Bayou Talker
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Dave,

That's the kind of info I was looking for. I just wanted to know if I needed to plan on it BEFORE I started building instead of after it was done. I really appreciate the input.

I just got word that my kit was at the hobby shop. I guess I will go get it tonight and get started this weekend.
Old 08-13-2004, 09:43 AM
jucava

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes you can, just get some altitude when you test it for the first time, to get an idea how it behaves. We're talking about flaperons no flaps, so you're going to install two servos for the ailerons, the right side to CH1 and the left side to CH 6, and set the wing mix to "FP" not "FPv"; and you are ready to have fun. Remember test it first with spare altitude.