Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Carl Goldberg Ultimate 10-300

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Carl Goldberg Ultimate 10-300

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2006, 08:42 PM
lester4281
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Carl Goldberg Ultimate 10-300

is mds 1.48 to much for cg ultimate?
Old 03-18-2006, 10:43 PM
flapper

Hi,
Have purchased this kit and was contemplating fitting an ASP 1.08 2 stroke I have lying about. I was wondering whether it is possible to install the elevator (x2) and rudder servos up the back to improve on controls? How does this kit go for cg balance. I have looked through this and other threads on this plane and not much was mentioned about any cg balancing problems. eg tail heavy or not.

Any advice re servos and balancing problems would be appreciated.

Regards,
Mark
Old 03-21-2006, 01:54 AM
lester4281
My Feedback: (8)

is a mds 1.48 to much for cg ultimate?
Old 09-03-2006, 06:10 AM
spin doctor

Hey yall just bought a used CG Ultimate what modifications that has to done to replace wire gear to aluminum gear. What is the size of the aluminum,I could buy al flat bar a lot cheaper and bend it. Replaced standard size servo with 1/4 scale servo in the center of bottom wing,powered by a fox 74 thats what was on it . any suggestions, thank yall.
Old 09-05-2006, 07:40 PM
campbec

Hi everyone,

Aplogies for not posting in this thread for some time$%&^@#^. However last weekend I maidened my Ultimate and I'm a very happy man. This is the only model I have ever built that didn't require any cliks of trim to fly hands off and with the very new 125A Saito had plenty of vertical. Can't wait 'till it's run in.

My modifications were to fit dual switches and RX batteries, (thanks to Tony's mishap for this change). Hi torque servos for the rudder and each elevator halves as well as going to two servos for the ailerons. I used carbon fibre arrow shafts with 440 wire for the push rods and a heavy duty Dubro pull pull rudder set up. I replaced the music wire u'cart with alloy gear and didn't fit the spats as I fly from a rough grass strip.

With these mods and the batteries mounted on the CofG it balanced at the rear point of the range and flew very well. When the motor is fully run in I will experiment with moving the CofG a little further aft.

I'm impressed a very easy model to build (although time consuming and Im a slow builder) and great fun to fly. I think my Chipmunk and Dirty Birdy have very real competition as my very first favourite model. Although the Dirty Birdy is fantastic to fly when the wind is strong.

If anyone is interrested I will post some images. The ones I have are too large to load on my steam powered computer.

Cheers,

Colin

Wit
Old 11-08-2009, 12:50 PM
jjones98042

Although it looks like this thread has been pretty dead lately, I'll make a post anyway since Isee someone was asking about the Magnum .91.

Ijust maidened my CG Ult kit a few weeks ago. Iactually built this kit (~99%) around 12 years ago, but never got around to getting it airborne. It has a Magnum XL .91 2-stroke in it that was brand new at the timeof the build. Ialso built it with a home-brewed smoke system that has yet to be tested.

Ihad to do some tuning to get it running again and through a bit of a break-in period. Mine came out a bit nose heavy and requires a fair amount of up trim for straight/level flight. Ithink that Iinstalled too big of a tank (14-16oz) and that is contributing to the nose-heavy. Going to try moving the tank closer to the GC and might even swap it out for a smaller one to target a 12-14 minute flight time.

So far, it has only had 3 flights so I've still got quite a bit of setup/radio tuning to go through. Very pleased with the airplane/power so far. I'm sure once Iget the plane/radio dialed in, it will be that much more of a pleasure to fly!

Looking forward to good weather for more testing/tuning!

Old 11-08-2009, 09:36 PM
daveopam
My Feedback: (9)

Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts

Most GB Ult's trim put with a little up elev. At least the 3 I have owned.

David