Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Tower Hobbies Fun 51

Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Tower Hobbies Fun 51

Old 08-17-2004, 04:17 PM
Spiccoli

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tower Hobbies Fun 51

I was curious if anyone here had built this Tower Fun 51 kit with the profile fuselage? I've also consider building the Uproar, but I understand it won't knife edge or flat spin or anything like that. The Fun 51 looks like it would be easy to build. I was wondering how easy it was and how it flew? Any input is greatly appreciated!
Old 08-17-2004, 04:19 PM
Ed_Moorman
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Tower Hobbies Fun 51

Why don't you get an OMP or Morris profile that will do anything.
Old 08-17-2004, 10:31 PM
Spiccoli

I've heard of Morris, but haven't really seen any of their stuff. Which Morris profile would you recommend?
Old 08-18-2004, 01:09 PM
Ed_Moorman
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The best flying Morris kit is the Sledge. Another choice is the TopCap. OMP has ads here on RCU, those big pop-up things.

Go down to the fun fly & profile forum. they mostly build kits there and you'll find out a lot on all the planes. Do a search on Sledge and OMP.
Old 08-19-2004, 07:52 AM
rlevy
My Feedback: (4)

The Fun 51 is easy to build, but I would replace the plywood engine bearers with hardwood (maple or beech). The landing gear has a wide stance that makes for good ground handling, but it is soft and starts to spead out after some use--just like wire landing gear. The Fun 51 is fun to fly with a plain bearing 40, but more power--say a Norvel 40--would help with knife edge and vertical stuff. I tried an OS 46LA on my Fun 51, but didn't like all the vibration. The Tower 40 with an 11X4 APC prop gives good sport performance including knife edge but no hovering worth mentioning.