Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Bel-Air .40

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Bel-Air .40

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2004, 01:54 PM
Sotos
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bel-Air .40

I've just pulled this kit from my stash with the intent to start construction soon. Does anyone have any suggested mods I should consider. I'm thinking of enlarging the rudder, and perhaps the elevator. I don't intend to go to extremes, but would like more than trainer-like handling. Also, I'm choosing between a Saito 50 or an OS 70 FS for power. Any recommendations?

Suggestions greatly appreciated.
Sotos
Newport News, VA
Old 09-03-2004, 10:33 AM
bob27s
My Feedback: (19)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Bel-Air .40

The BelAir is an outstanding airplane.

I wouldn't suggest changing a thing! I have flown both the 40 and 60 size and they flew like smooth and crisp. Very good aerobatics, excellent low speed handling for take off and landing.

The tail surfaces are fairly large already (by percentage of surface area), but balanced well for the application.

Either of your power choices would work well. The .40 size one I flew had a ST45 up front, and was quite sufficient for sport and general aerobatics. I might lean toward the OS 70 though.

Bob