Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Weight question, TF P-47.

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Weight question, TF P-47.

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2004, 01:18 PM
Henrik_Rosen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Weight question, TF P-47.

I’ve finished building my TF P-47 1/8 scale and wonder what the optimal weight should be. My Jug weighs 5kg (11.02lb) and I have an OS FS 120 SIII. With no extra balance weigh I have the balance point 1cm (0,39in) behind what Top Flite suggests in the manual. Would that make much difference?

I was supposed to fly this plane earlier this summer and bough a 74in CAP 232 to get as much flight time as possible before flying my P-47 and now I feel ready to fly but the whether really suck here now.

Old 09-22-2004, 04:45 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Weight question, TF P-47.

While the suggested ready-to-fly weight for the Top Flite P-47 is 8-10 pounds, it has been flown ballasted up to 13 pounds. Other than slightly higher takeoff and landing speeds, it flew quite well. Balance the model at the suggested point, though. Going aft will only make pitch control more difficult, especially during those critical initial flights. You want as much going for you as possible until you get used to how the model flies.
Old 09-22-2004, 06:31 PM
Doug D.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good looking model Henrik !!! Your wieght looks fine. I flew mine at about 12lbs. And that was with an additional glow driver system installed to help prevent flame outs at idle. Yours should fly very god indeed.
Old 09-23-2004, 11:08 AM
Henrik_Rosen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I gonna put scale spinner on too that might help some. Dont know if I should put some weigh up front too or if Im gonna try as it is.