Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Need help to find a good kit :)

Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Need help to find a good kit :)

Old 10-03-2004, 07:25 PM
polish smiley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help to find a good kit :)

Hi,

I wanted to build an airplane just from the wood pieces, I guess and hope that's called a kit I wanted a really fast modell, like a pylon racer, and not to big, like at most 1 Meter long from one wingend to the other, sry I don't know how many inches that is, nor how the distance from one wing end to the other is called When you have a suggestion please post a link, where I can order the kit, and write what else I would need except for the engine and the rc-parts. And if you know how much that kit costs, post it plz. Thanks a lot guys every help is appreciated

bye
Old 10-03-2004, 08:32 PM
Joe Ortiz
My Feedback: (75)

Default RE: Need help to find a good kit :)

It would help if you post your flying experience, then we can go from there.
Joe
Old 10-04-2004, 09:02 AM
amelia-air
My Feedback: (82)

Like Joe said--we need a little more information on your flying abilities. I assume you are in Germany.here is a web site you might check out .
www.shop.graupner.de Germany has long been the leader in Modelibau,s,and it might be cheaper to find a model in Germany. Over the years ,I have bought a lot of Graupner products,(mostly boats) from hobby-lobby in Tennesee.Think the site is
www.hobby-lobby.com but you would still have to have it shipped back to you.Shipping can get expensive. Find a hobby shop near you ,and I am sure the owners would be happy to help you. Buying the kit,you still need glue,covering,wheels,control rods--etc--the list goes on & on --Good Luck--Joann
Old 10-04-2004, 03:09 PM
polish smiley

No, actually I'm living in the U.S. now, for 10 months, I'm an exchange student, so shipping wouldn't get expensive Well, I don"t have much flying experience, I had only a Graupner Trainer thats all, but I could start, fly and land :-)
Thx for the hobby lobby link, I'll check it out.

bye
Old 10-04-2004, 03:51 PM
amelia-air

Looking for a plane with a 1 meter wing span ? --By the way--1 meter is 39.37 inches --Roughly.Lanier makes several sizes of pylon racers--best place to find them is
www.lanierrc.com or www.towerhobbies.com Tower is a retail outlet mail order company. Its pretty much where most US modelers buy planes ,and accessory's.The question I have is --How are you going to carry this plane on the Airplane when its time to go back home?Well -any way-you having only trainer experience,you might consider a easier "KIT" A Kit is just the wood--its a u-build-it. you will see ARF 's mentioned--those are already built aircraft.
A really nice Kit to build for a first build is the Sig Kadet LT 25 .Tower sell's them at wholesale prices. You can get them at your local hobby shop also. Leave out the Dihedral ,and this is a fun plane to fly--good luck--Joann
Old 10-04-2004, 06:00 PM
polish smiley

okey, thx for the help, by the way, what size in your american measurements would be my engine, it is 4.01 ccm / do you know? I wonder if I could use the engine in this plane http://www.lanierrc.com/lrcprivate/r...es/sting10.htm ...

hm...your right there is not going to be a way to transport the plane back to germany perhaps I'll figure out a cheap way to get it home. we will see first I have to find a model shop near me, because I need instructions building and probably flying the plane....

bye
Old 10-04-2004, 06:26 PM
amelia-air

Hello--4.01 ccm is a little over .24 cu in. If you want--you can find these figures in a site called conversion tables www.onlineconversion.com I have a 10 ccm webra,and that thing is a real stump puller--Very powerful ! Your 25 size motor might be a little strong for the plane you indicated,also would be extremely fast. Not knowing where you are at, and I am guessing that there HAS to be a hobby shop near you. Please check in a phone book,and vist the store.Talk to the owners -find a field -talk to the fliers. If you are determined to build a sport flyer--get some help setting it up. Might consider joining the AMA also--Good Luck --Joann