Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Stik Decals

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Stik Decals

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2002, 04:50 PM
flatspins

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stik Decals

I have a Great Planes Stik 40 arf i stripped and recovered in Coverite fabric, but i can't find anywhere to order the wing and fuselage/tail iron crosses. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
Old 08-13-2002, 06:14 PM
hilleyja
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Stik Decals

Just a suggestion!!!

Your talking about a very simple design that you can probably duplicate using Monocote trim material or regular black covering in the shape of your designs.

This plane was constructed with Monocote and Monocote trim:

Towercote makes up the Black background behind the cross. Monocote gold trim makes up the cross. I scanned in a copy of the cross and blew it up on my printer and subsequently used that a template for cutting the gold trim.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	21366_1820.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	26.2 KB
ID:	13530  
Old 08-13-2002, 09:26 PM
flatspins

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stik Decals

Jim,

Thanks for the pic, your plane looks great. I thought about just cutting out monokote and doing it, but i think it would be odd trying to put it onto the fabric.
I'm actually thinking of just doing some stencils now and painting them on, instead of having shiny monokote or trimkote on top of the wing.
Old 08-14-2002, 02:14 PM
hilleyja
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Stik Decals

With a fabric-based covering that would actually be my best recommendation too.

Although, if we are talking about the Coverite that is ironed on and will shrink like monocote? If so, why not use black and white fabric Coverite? Coverite also has some film colors that are flat instead of shiny.