Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Great Planes Slow-Poke

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Great Planes Slow-Poke

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2004, 06:44 PM
bowencutie
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Great Planes Slow-Poke

Hello-
I have started a Sloe Poke kit and was interested in installing ailerons on this plane and have glimpsed rumours that it is possible. Anyone out there done this themselves? or have any source of info that may assist me in the building.

Thank you in advance for any help offered.

Mary
Old 11-15-2004, 10:58 PM
tango28charlie

Default RE: Great Planes Slow-Poke

Hi Mary,

While I have never built a Slow Poke, I added ailerons to a Sig Kadet using ideas I got from the following webpage. I don't know if it'll help you out any, but here it is. Maybe it'll give you some ideas.

http://www.angelfire.com/indie/aerostuff/kadflap.htm

Good luck.
Charlie
Old 11-16-2004, 01:05 PM
dr_wogz
My Feedback: (3)

Why don't you just buy the 'Slow Poke 'sporty 40' kit, as it comes with ailerons & less dehydral already!!
Mind you, it is a '40 sized' plane. so, dunno if that makes a differnce! One servo per aileron, so, flaps can be dialed in if needed, or 'airbrakes', like this thing needs to go any slower!!

I love mine, and even have it rigged for two bombs that drop, one under each wing!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr51722.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	68.6 KB
ID:	193516   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zw69301.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	133.6 KB
ID:	193517  
Old 11-16-2004, 05:47 PM
bowencutie
My Feedback: (1)

Thank you for the response- I got a great deal on this plane kit and I actually bought a .36 to fly on it. My husband said"Why you want so much engine in that silly looking plane is beyond me" I was actually wanting to experiment on a plane all my own, he usually helps with the radios and servos etc..... after I do all the building. This will be my first creation of my own so I'm going to attempt the ailerons with the site in the previous post. It has some great ideas from the short veiw I had today- I will be looking closer and probably printing out the drawings. Love the photos you posted- thank you for sharing

Mary
Old 11-17-2004, 01:17 PM
dr_wogz
My Feedback: (3)

Mary,

Don't let your hubby get on you case about this little plane! it is a lot of fun, and WILL get noticed..
Probably more than his Extra or P-51!!

Look at the Great Planes site, and donwload the Sporty Forty manual. In it, it details the ailerons. It is easier than you'd think! Just chop the outer few ribs where the ailerons should start. then build the wing as usual, but with the missing 'trailing edges. The ailerons are build from the cut pieces. Of course, you'll have to add some spars, and such.. Coping what they did for this shoud more than demonstrate what you'll need to do!

You'l have to plan for the servo mounts as well, or linkages for the servo (one, mid wing, with linkages & such to actuate them 'barn doors'!)