Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Senior Telemaster specifications scarce!!

Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Senior Telemaster specifications scarce!!

Old 08-20-2002, 08:09 PM
lownslo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Senior Telemaster specifications scarce!!

Hello, I am trying to gather information on several planes to make a decision where my .80 Saito will have a home!!! (I do have access to a .91 Saito because I can install the .80 where the .91 is now). The Senior Telemaster is very tempting but I cannot find very many specifications on this kit. A lot of other companies give a lot of info..... example... shaped LE, TE, ailerons, items supplied, items needed to complete, amount of covering needed. I don't want to buy this thing and then find out it is a PITA!!! I think you guys know the things I am talking about.
I am experienced enough to build it ..... but being truthful, I am too lazy to do a lot of sanding. (shaping LE, TE, ailerons, etc.). I have searched the forums for reviews and cannot find any. I did find some helpful info here on RCU by using the search on the Telemaster. Does someone out there have a review by a Magazine? (OR anyone's personal review.... plus and minuses, building problems, etc.). My thought, so far, is building a 2 piece wing and thin balsa sheeting over the stick fuse behind the wing.
If anyone has other suggestions for a slow flying,EASY BUILDING, plane, (high or low wing), fire away with those sugestions!!!! A wing span of 80" is the minimum. Actually.... as long as the .91 would have enough power.... there is no maximum because I am going to make the wing a take down, 2 piece. (Thanks to some very helpful ideas from fellow RCU members)!!!! ......lownslo
Old 08-21-2002, 12:42 AM
Vulturetec

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Senior Telemaster specifications scarce!!

I built a Sr Telemaster years ago - it was a fantastic kit, but I would recommend trying to figure out how to make it a 2-piece wing.

I can't honestly remember how they handled the LE and TE pieces. I want to say they were square and needed to be shaped, but I could be wrong. (sorry).

I don't think it came with much in the hardware-department. I used kevlar pull-pull cables on the rudder and a solid steel wire-in-tube pushrod for the elevator. I put individual servos on each aileron (built bays in the wings for them) - and built paper-tubes into the wings to carry the servo wires.

I see absolutely no need whatsoever to sheet the fuselage, unless you're going to grossly overpower the airplane - and if that's your goal I'd plan on sheeting at least part of the leading edges of the wing. As-is it's a completely open-bay structure.

Incidentally, it will fly wonderfully on a .60 (will take off at 1/2 throttle or less with a breeze) - at idle it'll fly like a glider. 16Oz and a .60 2-stroke can offer quite a lot of flying (I've had mine up for 40-45 minutes at a stretch) -- and all that was flying with a 35mm camera on-board.

Pictures of the Telemaster are at: http://www.aerog.com/aerialphoto/cam...stallation.htm

and:
http://www.aerog.com/rc/srtelemaster.htm