Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Sig Ryan STA ENGINE?

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Sig Ryan STA ENGINE?

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2004, 08:14 PM
barzini
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Sig Ryan STA ENGINE?

Did anyone out there use a 90 four stroke in this kit and if so did you have to modify anything to get it to fit? Any help is appreciated.
Barzini
Old 12-10-2004, 02:05 PM
dennis
My Feedback: (90)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Sig Ryan STA ENGINE?

It was origionally designed around the Enya 60. This plane is relatively narrow geared and long nosed. Mine had an anoying habit of nosing over if any divit was on the field and the plane was well balanced.
Old 12-12-2004, 11:17 AM
gnome

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Barzini.
I have been unable to communicate with you by email . Can you send me your email address to gramps1@ usadatanet.net. I have some stuff to send to you. I powered my STA with a Rossi .60 which was plenty of power. I also think a .91 four stroke would be the way to go. I had to put a slight amount of toe in to the wheels to keep it from nosing over otherwise it handled well on the ground. It reaqlly was a delight to fly and looked great in the air.
Gnome
Old 12-15-2004, 05:35 PM
Jbiza

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi

Yep, I built one a few years ago. I wanted to use an O.S. 90 4-stroke so I called Sig and asked them about doing this. They said it wouldn't work. I went ahead with it anyway and it flew just great. I don't even recall adding any balancing weight. Actually, I had more difficulty putting the wheel pants together. I am not a fan of inverted engines so I just tipped it 90 degrees to the side and cut a hole in the cowling for the head. Good luck on your project.

Jim