Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

TF P-47 .60 Engine Mount Questions

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

TF P-47 .60 Engine Mount Questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2004, 07:40 PM
rcuman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TF P-47 .60 Engine Mount Questions

I am finishing up the fuselage for the TF .60 P-47 and I am stuck at installing the engine. I have purchased the SuperTigre .75 engine and a Slimline Sport Muffler instead of the TF in cowl muffler due to a part not being available. I want to install the engine upside down and have the exhaust come out the bottom of the cowl.
Question 1: Would there be a problem in mounting the engine upside down?
Question 2: Would I have to mount the engine at a different location on the firewall or could I mount it in the same location as the plans call for (45 degree angle) except have it installed vertically?
Question 3: If this slimline muffler touches the mount could it melt the mount?
Old 12-18-2004, 08:40 PM
Doug D.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: TF P-47 .60 Engine Mount Questions

Yes you can mount the engine inverted if you want. Mount it in the location as indicated on the plans. It would be similar to the 1.20 4 stroke installation shown on the plans. The only problem will be the chance of hydraulic lock if you flood the engine. And no the muffler shouldn't touch the engine mount if at all possible.
Old 12-19-2004, 02:26 PM
rcuman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: TF P-47 .60 Engine Mount Questions

Thank you very much for the reply. I figured that the muffler should not touch the engine mount and for that very reason I have to mount the engine inverted.
Thanks again for the help!!!