Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Lanier 80" Cap, fuse parts dont match plans

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Lanier 80" Cap, fuse parts dont match plans

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2005, 12:09 AM
nute12
My Feedback: (14)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Lanier 80" Cap, fuse parts dont match plans

Just started on the fuse, went to glue in the doublers in front and the holes didnt match. I thoght about it for awhile and figured I would enlarge the holes of the peices that were wrong to the ones that were right. checked em to the plan and the doublers and fuse sides are BOTH peices are off. Is this just a freak or is this common with this kit?
Figure ill glue all the punchouts in and redrill em to the right place. this is gonna be a long build. if someone has a better idea let me know. I'd write lanier but prolly get the same wrong cut pieces back.
thanx
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki18439.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	16.8 KB
ID:	212463   Click image for larger version

Name:	Je10588.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	15.1 KB
ID:	212464  
Old 01-09-2005, 05:46 PM
CK1
My Feedback: (60)

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts
Default RE: Lanier 80" Cap, fuse parts dont match plans

I would lay the fuse side on top of each other to see if they match . If so , check the wing tube socket for fit in the cut out .
If all match and the socket fits the cut out then probably the plans are just out of shape , this happens. Humidity or moisture content in the paper or just to many
copies run can cause plans to mis-shape or deform . You can use your best building judgement and continue to use the plans knowing that measurements will
be "off" , Or you could contact Lanier for a new set of plans . Good luck!!
Old 01-09-2005, 09:00 PM
nute12
My Feedback: (14)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if it just did not match the plans i wouldnt have worried too much, the fuse sides are routed out and the doublers are laser cut, they dont match each other and niether matches the plans
Old 01-11-2005, 12:39 AM
Daryl_y

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Seems to be a problem with Lanier , I have a Shrike 40 I have just started building and the fuselage profile does not match the plans. However they did both match each other so I didn't worry about it much . Since I have seen a few other mistakes namely the fuse sides are shown on the plans as 1/4 thick they are really 3/16. So INMO the plans are just poorly drawn. That said the laser cutting is beuatiful (better than Sigs) and the kit is going about as well as anyone could expect just a shame to have great laser cutting that doesn't match the plans.