Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Sig Hog Bipe

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Sig Hog Bipe

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2005, 02:30 PM
Tom Jones
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sig Hog Bipe

I've got a sig hog bipe comming. On several posts there has been mention of runnning full lengths stringers to take the square shape out of the fuselage, makeing it more rounded. How is this down? Small formers on the sides, sheeted and blended or what? Want to pu a round cowl on the front and don't want it looking out of place or stuck on. Also, seveeral places make cowls such as Stan's fiberglass etc. Which one to order for a round cowl to enclose a Saito 100? Thanks for the help, Tom.
Old 01-11-2005, 04:00 PM
JNorton
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Sig Hog Bipe

Here is a web page detailing a Kadet bashed into Mr. Mulligan by Paul J. Burke. The Kadet has the same shape fusealage as the Hog Bipe.
http://www.angelfire.com/indie/aerostuff/mulligan.htm

John
Old 01-11-2005, 04:03 PM
JNorton

Another page by Eric Kler "Fubar Hill" that has the infomation you are looking for. Goto Hog Bipes on the left and then scroll down.
http://www.fubarhill.com/

John
Old 01-11-2005, 04:54 PM
Tom Jones

John, I've been there. They just say where to get the cowls, not which ones. Also they don't give emails for people who have done the bashing that I'm interested in,ie the full length stringers. Thanks, though, Tom.
Old 01-11-2005, 09:00 PM
JNorton

[quote]They just say where to get the cowls, not which ones. Also they don't give emails for people who have done the bashing that I'm interested in,ie the full length stringers.[quote]

Look at Fiberglass specialities under cowls for the size Eric recommended. It's not rocket science. Did you look at how the Kadet was modified? It's full length stringers. Use some imagination. Just start doing it. Sounds like you're trying to make this more than it is.

http://www.fiberglassspecialtiesinc.com/catalog.htm

John
Old 01-11-2005, 09:10 PM
Tom Jones

John, ya know I think you're right. Really do appreciate the info on the cowls. Thanks a million. Tom
Old 01-11-2005, 09:13 PM
JNorton

If you need any more help let me know I'll even provide drawings if it helps. By the way did you see Eric' Flybaby Bash on "Fubar Hill"? It shows another version of using stringers.

John