Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

YEE-HA, It's here!

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

YEE-HA, It's here!

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2005, 04:29 PM
khodges
My Feedback: (1)

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Default YEE-HA, It's here!

The big, brown goodies truck just left me a box; lo-and behold, it's my Birddog kit, from Precision. Somebody must have taken a special course on packing, it's hard to believe how small the box is for how big the plane will be. I just hope that all those pieces are never in as close proximity to each other ever again once I get it built. The pieces look fantastic, it's all laser cut. Just got to finish a house remodeling project first, to keep the better half happy; besides, it will be rentable and then I'll have more airplane money
Old 01-27-2005, 05:11 PM
vicman
My Feedback: (10)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: YEE-HA, It's here!

Hey Buddy! We are so in tune with each other!...kinda[sm=bananahead.gif]. I just got my new F-20 Tigershark yesterday See you in the sky!
Old 01-27-2005, 10:18 PM
wascamp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Khodges, Are you going to share the build with us? Whose plans is kit cut from? Get that house finished ASAP so we can watch the L-19 / O-1 come together.
Is this one of the 100+ inch span versions? I hope so. That airplane was flown from the Korean war to the end of the Viet Nam war. There should be a ton of documentation on it. I vote for the ARMY variant, OD with yellow numbers. Keep us informed of your progress and good building!
Old 01-27-2005, 10:45 PM
vicman

The one he currently flys is the Army version. I expect a good ol fashioned WWII Army Air Force observation version.[sm=rolleyes.gif]
Old 01-27-2005, 11:02 PM
khodges

Yeah, I'm gonna post a building thread, whenever I can start it, but don't hold your breath. Got a s**tload to do on the house, figure it will be into late spring or summer before I start the Birddog. 1/4 scale, 108 inch wing, Vaillancourt plans, US-41 gas engine. I talked about it on the warbirds forum; going to be an amalgam of different planes from the Vietnam era, didn't want to get locked in to a specific bird; I know this kind of screws it up for a scale competition, but it will be accurate to the type, specifically an "A" model, they were most prevalent. I'm thinking of a short-lived camo pattern used by the Air Force, going to make functional hard points with drop mechanisms, also make removable pylons to mount rocket pods or M-60's. The Vailly plans only give 45 degrees of flaps, I'm going to try to do the full 60 the full-size has.

I found a book called "the Lovable One-Niner" that has all the technical specs of all the variants, and about 200 pictures, complete history of development and use in Korea, Vietnam and civilian, plus an index of ALL the serial #'s and tail #'s as well as their date of manufacture. I plan to use the tail number of the plane that was built on my birthday, August 24, 1954.
Old 01-27-2005, 11:06 PM
vicman

I will be smoking the skies of WHAM WAY before then![>:]
Old 01-27-2005, 11:09 PM
khodges

ORIGINAL: vicman

I will be smoking the skies of WHAM WAY before then![>:]
I think you been smoking something else already. I finished posting the above about 10 seconds ago and here you are already, vicman!